In Loving Memory Of My First Fur Baby.

Options
Here is my story:
My Tabby of 17 years passed away on March 13, 2012 at 7:15am. His name was Tigger. He had been my best and most trusted friend since I was two when my mother had brought him home for my second birthday. We gave him 17 more years then he was going to have and they where as happy as we could make them. The last week of his life was hard on me. I was trying so hard to help him! I never thought that he would die so soon! at first he would not eat as much as he us to. Then he stopped eating all together. Soon after he stopped eating he could not walk any more. I had been sleeping on the floor next to him after he had the stopped eating, waking up every know and then to check on him. I had been telling myself that as long as he would still purr for me I would not give up on getting him back on his feet, but late January 10th he had a stroke. He loved going out side so that Sunday before he passed I took him out side and we sat under a tree and I tried so hard to tell him that it was okay. If he needed to go that I would be okay. On Monday he seemed to pick up a.little and he ate a little bit so I thought that he might make it after all. So I did not have him put down because I could not afford it but that night he got worse. He passed away in my arms that morning. Some time in the night he had lost coherency after he had what we think was his second stroke. I had woken up at 5:30 because I heard a strange sound. That sound was his struggling to breath. at 6:30 I had told my mother to call the vet for me so that we could take him to be put to sleep. Our vet did not open till 8:00am so I waited for then to open holding him my arms slowly rocking him like a baby the way he liked it and sang a girl scout song called linger. When he had passed away I regretted letting money and the fact that I could not say goodbye get in my way of doing what was right for him. When Wayside Waifs opened at 8 I took him there and used the money I had been saving for a car and had him cremated. I wrought him a letter telling him it was okay to move on and that I would see him again and I had it burned with him.

I promised that when I got a new cat that it would be from Wayside Waifs and that it would be one that was less likely to get a home and that is what I did. I got my new cat 1 and a half months after Tigger passed. I was there with a friend who was looking for a cat at the time was was not looking for a cat for myself but I saw this big cat laying in a corner of the cage by himself and so I went over to him. I played with him while my friend was asking about another cat. We left to look a the other cat and he started to cry and cry and cry this horrible sounding cry. Then I went over to see what it was he tried his hardest to get out of the cage he was in to come to me. So in the end I did not pick him. He need me to see that he has a sweet heart.

The one thing that I learned was that no matter what happens what is best for them comes before what is best for you. The one thing I wise to tell any one going through something like this is that when your baby passes it is a door closing but at the same time a new one is opening. The opening to holds all the other animal that you can help and give a forever home. They will never replace your baby or take the space that you had in your heart for them they will only make your heart grow and become stronger. You will not see that door right away. It will take you however long it takes you to get to a point when you can open your heart to a new pet but it will happen and sometimes in a way you lest expect it. I want to tell you that losing your baby is hard but you can make it through it with all and any help you can get!

If you need help coping let me know and I will do my best to help you. If you have any good ways of coping let me know. Even though Tigger has been gone for so long it is still hard so I am always looking for new coping tools. If you want to tell me your story I would love to read them! Telling people about it can help in many ways.

Rest In Peace Tigger!

Replies

• eddysuchydvm
    eddysuchydvm Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Aw, sweetie, I am so sorry for your loss. Tigger was obviously much loved and that is a great gift!
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss!
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Flower For You....
    Your a good Kitty-Mama...
    And I know theres a new little baby just waiting for you out there, looking for a good mommy.
    I do think your a good mommy..