WiiU Releases ALL Secrets Tomorrow!

Options
Mr_Cape219
Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
So, who is gonna go preorder the WiiU from Gamestop Tomorrow?

You bet your fitness *kitten* I will be.

Black WiiU with tablet.

<For those that dont know, the Tablet Controller is SEPARATE purchase/preorder. The WiiU does NOT come with the tablet. If you want to make sure your system has a tablet and you wanna make sure you arent without one for the next 2 years after it's release date, preorder the tablet tomorrow. Otherwise, feel free to use your wiimote for the controller>

Replies

• Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Are you that awesome that you are privy to this info? Is Miyamoto on your FB list? How did you know this?! Regardless of what non info we get, I am foaming at the mouth to play Zelda, Metroid and Smash Bros in glorious 1080p.

Also, how many tablet controllers do you think you can use at once? Last time I think I read 2. Correct me if I'm wrong please.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    Are you that awesome that you are privy to this info? Is Miyamoto on your FB list? How did you know this?! Regardless of what non info we get, I am foaming at the mouth to play Zelda, Metroid and Smash Bros in glorious 1080p.

Also, how many tablet controllers do you think you can use at once? Last time I think I read 2. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Yup, according to the spec sheet that Nintendo published, the console can support only 2 tablets simultaneously. All Wii accessories work for the WiiU. So your wiimotes, classic controller, WiiFit board, ect. ect. will work, but it is NOT backwards compatible. So if you are looking to play Gamecube games, keep your Wii.
  • Gilbrod
    Options

Yup, according to the spec sheet that Nintendo published, the console can support only 2 tablets simultaneously. All Wii accessories work for the WiiU. So your wiimotes, classic controller, WiiFit board, ect. ect. will work, but it is NOT backwards compatible. So if you are looking to play Gamecube games, keep your Wii.

I plan on kepping my "Wii" for the rest of my life. (get it?) :laugh:
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options

I plan on kepping my "Wii" for the rest of my life. (get it?) :laugh:

....I am getting a hint of a penis joke...

... am I too far off?
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I am totally looking forward to the Wii U (Drooling) :tongue:
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Hell no.

Fool me once...
  • Gilbrod
    Options
    Hell no.

Fool me once...

It was a great system. So the graphics were a tear drop better than Gamecube. Everyone knew the specs before it was released. The motion stuff was fun. Software is there if you're willing to seek it.

Cape...thanks again sir! I'm calling out sick from work for an hour after I arrive, and say I was miraculously healed after the press conference is over.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    Hell no.

Fool me once...

It was a great system. So the graphics were a tear drop better than Gamecube. Everyone knew the specs before it was released. The motion stuff was fun. Software is there if you're willing to seek it.

Cape...thanks again sir! I'm calling out sick from work for an hour after I arrive, and say I was miraculously healed after the press conference is over.

Hey, you could wait another 2 years for the next generation in gaming graphics (PS4 and Xbox 720 are expected in 2 years) But I want my little piece of Nintendo next gen now.

ITs streaming to moblie devices too, so I'm gonna catch it on my phone in the lobby. someone walks in imma flip em off and just stare at my phone.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Uh, SCHYEAH. Well, I'm not preordering, but my husband is.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Hell no.

Fool me once...

Please, don't just assume that I'm a graphics *kitten* because I posted a negative opinion of Nintendo on an internet forum.

I was a huge Wii fanboy. I traded in a massive collection of Xbox and GameCube games so I could buy a ton of Wii stuff on day one. I waited 17 hours in line for one at launch. I was the 7th person in a lineup much longer than the number of systems available. I mocked the PS3 crowd with their pathetic software lineup the day before, and the 360 owners as their systems Red-Ringed around me. I wrote off the graphics issue as I only had an SDTV anyhow and it was all about fun and gameplay innovation. Yes, I was in denial for well over a year. I kept wasting money on uber **** games like Counter Force, Ninjabreadman (ok, the boxart was amazing and deserved a purchase based on that alone), and many more, waiting for all of the amazing motion games to come. The fact is, the Wii's pointer capability was top-notch, but the motion-sensing blew massive waggly chunks. And then the Motion+ add-on was released, at which point it blew slightly smaller waggly chunks.

Yes, there were a handful of great games, including the Metroid Prime trilogy (the only reason I didn't sell my Wii), Resident Evil 4, Super Mario Galaxy, and Zack & Wiki, yes, but that didn't make up for the undelivered promise, the archaic online implementation, and rafts of horrible software all completely lacking innovation. Long gone were the days of the Nintendo Seal of Quality.

I bought a PSP the following Christmas and considering it had better games (LOL) on top of better graphics (LOL!!) and better online experience (LOL!!!!), my Nintendo fanboy illusion was shattered. It really was just two GameCubes duct-taped together, after all.
  • Gilbrod
    Options
    Hell no.

Fool me once...

Please, don't just assume that I'm a graphics *kitten* because I posted a negative opinion of Nintendo on an internet forum.

I was a huge Wii fanboy. I traded in a massive collection of Xbox and GameCube games so I could buy a ton of Wii stuff on day one. I waited 17 hours in line for one at launch. I was the 7th person in a lineup much longer than the number of systems available. I mocked the PS3 crowd with their pathetic software lineup the day before, and the 360 owners as their systems Red-Ringed around me. I wrote off the graphics issue as I only had an SDTV anyhow and it was all about fun and gameplay innovation. Yes, I was in denial for well over a year. I kept wasting money on uber **** games like Counter Force, Ninjabreadman (ok, the boxart was amazing and deserved a purchase based on that alone), and many more, waiting for all of the amazing motion games to come. The fact is, the Wii's pointer capability was top-notch, but the motion-sensing blew massive waggly chunks. And then the Motion+ add-on was released, at which point it blew slightly smaller waggly chunks.

Yes, there were a handful of great games, including the Metroid Prime trilogy (the only reason I didn't sell my Wii), Resident Evil 4, Super Mario Galaxy, and Zack & Wiki, yes, but that didn't make up for the undelivered promise, the archaic online implementation, and rafts of horrible software all completely lacking innovation. Long gone were the days of the Nintendo Seal of Quality.

I bought a PSP the following Christmas and considering it had better games (LOL) on top of better graphics (LOL!!) and better online experience (LOL!!!!), my Nintendo fanboy illusion was shattered. It really was just two GameCubes duct-taped together, after all.

And none of that is changing if friend codes still exist. But maybe it was for the better. If Smash Bros online system were flawless, I would have never tried to lose weight. Zak and Wiki is still the *kitten*. My point is, the specs were there. I knew that online was gonna suck because friend codes were around. No one ever buys shovelware (cept you, ha!). You knew there was a tiny bit of 3rd party support. I'm not knocking fanboyism down. I have all systems, (cept for the crap box after I had the original die on me and the 360 died twice. Eff em) but the Wii had lots of good stuff. To think that they were gonna have a great implentation of online gaming when they never even had it before, was just blind foolery. The only thing I fell for was Samba de Amigo. My hopes were shattered from that. Other than that, all the games I played that I knew I wanted, met or exceeded expectations. The only reason I had a PSP was for emulation. :)
  • TheDreadPirateRoberts
    Options
    I "was" going to get the Wii U and in fact I have it on preorder and have done for some months. However, recent reviews have led me to the conclusion that the tablet is little more than a gimic and in fact gets in the way of the gameplay. Without the tablet, the Wii U appears to be a slightly more powerful X Box / PS3. If you want to buy the usual Nintendo games in HD then its worth it. Zelda in HD would hopefully be amazing.

However, aside from the Nintendo exclusive games, it doesnt currently offer much over the PS3 or XBox. Its true that developers for the current lineup were using underspecced design kits and did not push the envelope as they didnt know what the envelope would be. But its also true that the at launch line up is no all that amazing compared to the opposition. I'll be cancelling my order myself. My Wii is gathering dust and has been for some months.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say no to the WiiU...

I know that the second I see Zelda, Mario and Super Smash in HD, I will cave!
  • Gilbrod
    Options
    Eff that! The gamer in me wants it right away. Can someone with access to the press conference keep us posted please? I read that in Japan, it will be released on Dec 8 in 16GB and 32 GB. The Premium Black is 32GB of flash memory is 31,500 yen ($405), and the white one is 8GB of flash and will run for 26,250 yen ($337). A stand alone gamepad will run 13,440 yen ($170). The white package comes with the unit, a white gamepad and HDMI cable as well as the AC Plug. The Premium Black console with come with all the above (in black of course) PLUS Gamepad Dock, console stand and a two year subscription to their Nintendo Network Premium service, whihc will also give you a 10% discount on digital purchases. Keep in mind, this is for the Japanese market. All this can be found on IGN.com.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    alright, I was wrong. It does come with ONE gamepad tablet. But there are two versions. The basic and the deluxe.

From what I understand the Deluxe is the ONLY one in black. The standard is white. More updates soon
  • poshcouture
    Options
    How sad is it that I want the WiiU just to play the newest Zelda and Mario games?
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    Typing this as I read about it:

TWO versions of the WiiU. Standard and Deluxe. Deluxe is black, Standard is white. The deluxe comes bundled with NintendoLand and a few other goodies such as: more memory (8GB for S, 32GB for D), access to Nintendo Network Premium (more on that later), AC adapter, HDMI Cable, charging station. Standard goes for MSRP $299.99 and Deluxe goes for $349.99.

WiiU is backwards capatable for most Wii games (so there might be a chance that your favorite Indi Wii game wont play) ((hah, favorite indi Wii game))

It will be released in North America on 11/18. Thats two months, yo.

Talking some software now. News on Nintendo Land. I'll post that if you want. More updates coming soon.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    How sad is it that I want the WiiU just to play the newest Zelda and Mario games?

Not sad at ALL
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    Also, Nintendo introduces "TVii. Helps you find, watch, and engage with your favorite TV shows, sports, and movies." So, look forward to learning how to "cook" on your WiiU gamepad as you watch Breaking Bad.
  • Gilbrod
    Options
    Way to be Johnny on the Spot Cape!!! I don't care what they say about you around here. You're alright in my book.