I now have braces.

Options
Carl01
Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
After almost 48 years. :ohwell:

They feel odd but so far no real discomfort.

Replies

• dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I know you've been uncomfortable about your teeth. I hope this helps you.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It's a brave step you've taken, but one that will pay off for you!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Woooooo hooooooooooooo!!

I dont know what your teeth were like before or how they will end up. But I do sincerely hope they stop you worrying about it so you can live life without the burden :flowerforyou:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Aw Carl, I bet you look cute!
    I've thought about getting them again myself.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Congrats, Carl - I know you've been unhappy with your teeth for awhile. I'm sure you'll be very happy with the results!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Great job taking a step toward making yourself happier! :flowerforyou:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    YAY for Carl.....Just remeber no gum or chewie candy .. My boss got some gum stuck in hers. It was kinda funny from my perspective though.
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! I got my braces as an adult too - got them off just over 4 years ago. I smile more confidently now. I'm sure you'll end up really happy with getting them in the end.
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I think that's awesome! Although you may not be thrilled about it at the moment, and definitely not after your "tightening appointments", the results both mentally and physically will be well worth it.

Congrats!
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I know other people who have had braces and it made a huge difference! I'm sure the end result will be worth any temporary inconvenience you may encounter.

I look forward to seeing your new smile :)
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Braces make girls look hotter. I don't know if this applies for dudes.

/ creepy, so what.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I had eight years of braces due to some very effed up teeth. I never thought they hurt but there will be some soreness. I promise you'll get used to them being in your mouth and when you get them off it'll be one of the coolest feelings in the world!

I'm sure your orthodontist went over everything with you but gum and corn on the cob are the worst! Most other chewy candies are annoying but will dissolve out. Brush regularly and don't drink too much soda (I promise no one will tell on you if you have one or two here or there!)
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I loved my braces, I was sad at the time when I got them off! Congrats Carl!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    congrats. Did you get actual braces or that invisiline thing?
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I have never regretted getting mine at 40! If they start to irratate your lips, always have a bottle of water handy. I used it to cool the area. Worked like a charm. Oh, and don't be afraid of using the wax!

So cool. So happy for you my dear friend.:flowerforyou:
  • Double_Tapp
    Options
    WTG Carl. I wore them for 3 years from 33-36. Although I should have done it sooner in life, I am very satisfied with the results.
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo Carl!!!!!
  • The_Iron
    Options
    Rock them junx, Carl.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Had a friend who got them as an adult and she didn't have them on very long at all I was impressed she had the actual metal ones, not the invisaline thingy.

Kudos to you for doing that they aren't cheap but it's an investment you should be happy with :)
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I had them as a kid and then again as an adult......no crazy discomfort stories, though. And, worked as an orthdontic assistant for a few years....no tips that others have not given EXCEPT if a brace "pops" off for any reason, get in immediately to get it fixed :)

Good luck and results will speak for themselves :smile: