Truthful Thursday: Sept 13, 2012

Options
Usually on Truthful Thursdays, I don't have too much to admit to, but this week has not been a typical one for me. Every single day since last Friday, I have had some special dinner or celebration that I have tried to squeeze into my calorie allotment. Honestly, I haven't done horrible, but I can see where I'm starting to justify, rationalize, and excuse away a "few" red numbers at the end of the day. Last night was the icing on the cake, so to speak. I usually eat something for breakfast everyday, even if it's just a protein bar on the way to work. I realized when I was going home for lunch that I still had it. Hadn't skipped breakfast in a LONG time, and honestly didn't notice it affecting my work too much. I think I allowed my discovery to justify eating a little more for lunch than I usually do, but even then, I was not way off my calories. But by the end of the day, I somehow find myself logging two pieces of chocolate cake instead of any dinner! I have not done anything like that in months!! Deep in my heart I know it wasn't about today, but instead is about the slow, creeping slide that started last Friday. Best news is that it hasn't shown up on the scale yet...down two tenths this morning, but if I don't get a grip on this rationalization now, I will quickly be posting gains. Thanks for listening!

Replies

• lepow
    lepow Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've struggled with that lately, too! I've been staying in my allotted calories, but my macros haven't been adding up right. I've always struggled with protein, but it was down in the 10-15% range for 2 weeks! I just had stopped paying attention to that! I've paid for it, though, by not losing anything (I haven't gained, either, but it's still frustrating). Today is the first day in 2 weeks that I'm even close to hitting my macros (unfortunately, it's only half over for me)!

Good luck staying on track!