Does one always love more?

Options
Moe4572
Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
I heard once many years ago...may have been from "teen" movie, I can't remember, that in a couple, one person is always more in love than the other.

Jen's thread on love got me thinking about this........do any of you agree with this thought?

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not sure its the 'love' particularly that's off balance. As how deeply one feels about love is a personal, subjective and immeasurable entity.

However, I do think that give/take and general contribution to the relationship can shift off balance, or move between the couple depending on mood, stress, attitude, arguments, resentment..............etc
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I think that is impossible to answer because gender to gender there are some generalizations that can be made regarding what love is and how expressed.
    Moving from that is our individuality.
    Does one man that often says "I love you" and frequently kisses in public love more then one that shows day in and day out his devotion through actions?

I just don`t know how one can actually judge such a thing overall although of course there will be instances where it is obviously so.
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Moe..I have heard that as well and I totally agree with that. I completely believe that. At least in the case of all of the relationships that I have had .. I am fully aware of this. In some it has me that has loved more, and in others it was the man who loved more. Even in just cases of "like". I can look at any relationship of people I know well and tell you which one is more in love with the other.

Some of the people that have been married for 40 years I believe for most the love is equal .. ish. lol