Losing my bench

Options
I did 4 sets of 335 for 4-5 reps last night. Three weeks ago I did 355 for 4-5. I also did singles and doubles the chest day before last night and finished at 390. 20 pounds less than he last time I I'd S & D. For me, this is the hardest part about losing weight. Mentally I have a hard time giving up 400+...

I think I might have to up my calories on chest day to see if I can regain some I have already lost. Good idea? Or just let it go?

Replies

• FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    You may just need a deload, you're in a deficit, and you're operating in the strength rep range (3-5) When did you last deload? how aggresively are you cutting?

You could either carb load and just go lower on non training days, or just start a new cycle, if i stalled or struggled to hit my reps 2 weeks in a row, i'd deload first, then maybe look into cycling/calories
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Pressing strength is the first thing to go when cutting weight.
  • skolvikes5
    Options
    You may just need a deload, you're in a deficit, and you're operating in the strength rep range (3-5) When did you last deload? how aggresively are you cutting?

You could either carb load and just go lower on non training days, or just start a new cycle, if i stalled or struggled to hit my reps 2 weeks in a row, i'd deload first, then maybe look into cycling/calories
    I haven't taken much time off recently. So, maybe a deload. Although, mentally I am so focused right now and overall my joints feel awesome. It's not an aggressive cut and I am still progressing in my other lifts. I think I will plan a deload in a couple weeks and in he mean time just increase my carbs on bench day to see how that goes. Thanks
  • skolvikes5
    Options
    Pressing strength is the first thing to go when cutting weight.
    Yeah, I knew it was going to take a bit of a hit. I just didn't think it would as drastic so soon. 20 - 25 pounds in a couple weeks caught me off guard.