Hobbit Challenge - Bag End to Rivendell

Options
marsoe
marsoe Posts: 18 Member
This group needs some attention. Does anyone want to try the LOTR/Hobbit walk challenge?

I reckon the first part of the Hobbit Challenge, before the Hobbit gets released in cinemas (Dec 14).

Bag End to Rivendell is 639km/397miles - but we can split this up depending on participants.

Oh, and set a starting deadline of Oct 1st, so sign up before then!

Replies

• sperocras
    sperocras Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm in. Past the starting deadline, but hey, you didn't include a year in the deadline so I'm going to say I'm not actually late but instead seven months early! Woot!

Bag End to Rivendell: 397 miles
    Distance travelled: 2 miles
    Distance to go: 395 miles

...this might take a while.
  • sperocras
    Options
    Distance travelled: 4.7 miles
    Distance to go: 392.3 miles
  • justoneanna
    Options
    I'm already mid-walk on the Eowyn Challenge - the Walk to Rivendell from LOTR (which has a slightly different route). I don't remember my mileage, but I'm around the barrow-downs right now. I'm pretty slow, due to some physical health limitations, but I'm plodding along steadily!

All the milestones I use are here: http://home.insightbb.com/~eowynchallenge/Walk/walk.html from Karen Wynn Fonstad's Atlas of Middle Earth. It's pretty awesome!
  • sperocras
    Options
    That site is awesome! Very useful for visualising the journey. Thanks for sharing, and I'm glad I'm not walking alone :)
  • sperocras
    Options
    Distance travelled: 6 miles
    Distance to go: 391 miles
  • sperocras
    Options
    Distance travelled: 7.5 miles
    Distance to go: 389.5 miles
  • sperocras
    Options
    Distance travelled: 10 miles
    Distance to go: 387 miles
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Awesome sauce everyone !!!
  • smaezane
    Options
    This is amazing. I'm in!
  • sjmitchner
    sjmitchner Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting this on Monday. I got a Fitbit for Christmas, so I'll have help tracking my distance. If you're interested we could do periodic posts here to check in.
  • sjmitchner
    Options
    5 miles today, I have made it to The Green Dragon. Tomorrow is another day on my great adventure!
  • sjmitchner
    Options
    3.25 miles today. I've traveled 8.25 miles total so far. I'm on the Great East Road, I will pass Three Farthing Stone early tomorrow morning. Can't wait to see what lies ahead!
  • sjmitchner
    Options
    Walked 4.38 miles today, making a total distance of 12.63 miles. As expected I passed Three Farthing Stone first thing in the morning. Spent the day walking on the Great East Road. Still some ways to go before the next big landmark . At least there's plenty to look at.