Week 8 - 9/17-9/23

Options
AsellusReborn
AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
Welcome to Week 8 of the Couch to 5K. Wow - the end is in sight! :o

I could give you a pep talk, but really, at this point you already know you're awesome. Instead, I'm going to recommend that if you haven't already registered for a 5K - do so! The feeling you get from completing one is amazing, and well worth every bit of work you've put in here.

This week, the workout is:

Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2.75 miles (or 28 minutes).

This workout should be completed 3x this week.

Replies

• ktb1962
    ktb1962 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm a week behind! After my leg issue, I contracted the plague (nasty cold) and since breathing is essential to running and that was difficult at best, I had to wait until it subsided. I picked up where I left off with Week 6/Day 2 yesterday and plan on trying to do Week 7/Day 1 tomorrow - again skipping W6/D3. Stinks having to take that time off because I did notice a difference. We shall see though. Good luck to everyone else and all those who are ready for their 5ks! You ROCK! :)
  • AsellusReborn
    Options
    I'm a week behind! After my leg issue, I contracted the plague (nasty cold) and since breathing is essential to running and that was difficult at best, I had to wait until it subsided. I picked up where I left off with Week 6/Day 2 yesterday and plan on trying to do Week 7/Day 1 tomorrow - again skipping W6/D3. Stinks having to take that time off because I did notice a difference. We shall see though. Good luck to everyone else and all those who are ready for their 5ks! You ROCK! :)

You will do awesome! :D
  • Overboard_Eater
    Overboard_Eater Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Finished week 8 today and fairly certain (technology issues) that I ran 3 miles but had to go into the 5 minute walking period to do it. I feel ready for my 5k Sunday.

I am so pumped that this program actually worked. I was a NON-runner. A person who believed that some people aren't meant to run.

I wish my daughter had stuck with me to the end but I am so proud to be a testament to her that with hard work and persistence goals can be met.

Thank you hbarnstein for all the support and the group :)
  • AsellusReborn
    Options

Thank you hbarnstein for all the support and the group :)

Nothing to thank me for :) This was all you!

But I have to say how much this quote rings true:

I am so pumped that this program actually worked. I was a NON-runner. A person who believed that some people aren't meant to run.

I was never a runner. I didn't think I could. I couldn't even run the mile in high school. And now? I run. And even more shocking, I like it. A lot.

My run this morning went well. I continue to demonstrate that I run much faster if I do intervals of run/walk - I did 28 minutes today and came in at a 12:40 pace, whereas I push 12ish if I run 10 walk 1-2 etc. I'm also excited for Sunday, and seriously pondering doing a 10K in the middle of October.