Preparing for more blood tests

Wendyma1
Wendyma1 Posts: 289 Member
HI there-

My doctor emailed me this morning stating that he would like to run some more tests on me. In order to do so, I need to eat gluten ofcourse, however, does anyone know if I also need to stop taking my digestive enzymes and Pancreatin??? They have been helping so much and just the thought of going backwards instead of forwards, just frustrating.

Thanks,
Wendy

Replies

• monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Ask the doctor, he's going to be able to tell you if it'll interact with the tests he's running. I suspect he's trying to get a definite confirmation that it's Celiacs.
  • Hi, have you been gluten free for awhile? How long does the doctor want you to eat gluten items? If you have been gluten free for some time then your tests results may not be entirely conclusive.
  • jnoring
    jnoring Posts: 93
    Have you all ready been diagnosed with Celiac? My gastrologist always makes me have a blood test every 3 months to make sure I am not getting any hidden gluten. Also to make sure I am not malnourished. I always continue to take all my medication. I agree I would just email your doctor back and ask.