Hiatus Hernia

Options
melaniecheeks
melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
Hmmm, just been diagnosed with a hiatus hernia last week, so I'm experimenting a bit with different foods to see what triggers it.

Mint! Who knew? And there I was always drinking mint tea for my digestion, lol.

Chocolate will be tough to give up, but I'm happy with the odd square of dark once or twice a week. Giving up wine is going to be harder.

I'm being more aware of what I eat and how my innards feel afterwards. Today the biggest rumble game after I'd eaten a packet of Yu dried fruit, so obviously sugar has an immediate effect.

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    Options
    Feeling great this morning - managed to stay off the wine last night and was rewarded with a good solid night's sleep, and a scale reading of just under 140 this morning - woohoo!

Also being cautious about bending over - I'll squat down properly instead.

Husband wants me to see the doctor, but I don't think there's much they can do.
  • dottyjo55
    Options
    HI THERE,, I NEW AT THIS AND JUST STARTED MY SHAKE 90 CHALLENGE TODAY ,, I AM SO STOKED ,, ALL MY LIFE I HAVE BEEN OVERWEIGHT,, STRUGGLED TO BE NOTICED ,, THEN 2006 I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH STOMACH CANCER ,, WENT THROUGH ALL BY MYSELF ,, IM CANCER FREE RIGHT NOW ,, BUT HAVING COMPLICATIONS WITH BACK ,, WHICH I BELEIVE IS FROM WEIGHT GAIN ,, NOT CAUSE THEY THINK I HAVE MY CANCER BACK ,, I KNOW I CAN DO THIS ,, JUST WANT TO KNOW IM NOT ALON E ON THIS ,, I HAVE LOST MY SON ONLY SON GONNA BE A YEAR ON OCTOBER 9TH COMIN UP FAST ,, IM SO SCARED ,, CAUSE I LOOK TO COMFORT FOOD ,, I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN TOLD BY THE OTHER HALF ,, I WAS NOT MUCH TO LOOK AT ,, I WOULD NEVER AMOUNT TO ANYTHING ,, SO I NEVER LOOKED ,, TILL I BURIED MY SON ,, IM ALONE NOW ,, 57 AND VERY SCARED ,, MY SON ALWAYS TOLD ME I LIVED IN POVERTY NEVER KNEW WHAT POVERTY WAS ,, BUT NOW I KNOW ,, AND IM TRYIN MY DARNDEST TO GET OUT OF IT ,, I WANT TO TRAVEL THE WORLD ,, MEET NEW PEOPLE THAT HAVE STRUGGLE LIKE I HAVE ,, PLESE TELL ME IM NOT THE ONLY ONE ,, CAUSE THERE ARE TIMES I FEEL SO STUPID AND BELIEVE IM NOT CAPABLE OF EVER ACHIEVEING ANYTHING ,, I KNOW I CAN DO THIS ,, HOPE TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE AND BECOME PEN PALS AS WELL AS SUPPORTERS FOR EACH OTHER
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    Gosh DottyJo, you've been through a lot! I can understand you being worried about the coming anniversary - can you plan anything special that will not involve food - take flowers to the grave, visit some places that were special to you both?