any other Weight Watchers trying this method?

Options
I have been successful with Weight Watchers but thought I'd switch it up since Dave's featuring this tool. Just curious to see if anyone has seen any shocking with the "good day" in Weight Watchers points versus what a "good day" in MyFitnessPal is?

Replies

• dad2brooke
    dad2brooke Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey Shannon. I have been doing this for two weeks and have lost two pounds. The main similarity (for me) with WW is that you are tracking. It's that accountability that makes me watch what I eat because I don't want to have to write it down and for others to see it. (I have made my food diary's public.)

As you know, I had great success with WW. Although I was eating the right foods that I learned from WW, since I was no longer going to meetings and not actively tracking, my weight had crept up and I had gained about 20 lbs back over a year and a half. The other issue was because I was running so much, I pretty much thought I could eat that way. Alas, that was not entirely true.

Comparison wise, I felt a little more in control with WW, as I usually calculated points before I ate them. But that may not hold true in the coming weeks and months as I learn the ins and outs of MyFitnessPal.

Overall, I like MFP for it's versatility. When I was doing WW, I used a bunch of websites to get calories and points from. (I never paid for the online version of WW where they had all that.), but here you have all those tools built in for free. Also, it feels like going to the meetings for support with the social media aspect of the site.

Hope this helps.

Ralph