Newbie and injured

Options
Hi, I've made the decision that I want to loose weight, and exercise which is something that has been ratter-ling around. I'm now starting weight watchers with my sister as support, but unfortunately I sprained my ankle early this year in April, and then sprained it again this Monday.
I generally upset, as I was excited about it. I am still eating healthily, but I'm not very active before the injury. I walk, and look after my little niece which is a good workout, and help my mum a lot, with chores, and my sisters like decorating their houses, unfortunately it doesn't last long, and I get bored, sluggish, and lazy.
My doctor just says to loose weight, but as stupid as this may sound, I don't know how too, and what/ where to begin.
I would like a routine, but the ones I find online I think is too intense, I think (not completely sure) cycling may help my ankle to strengthen it, but when I discuss this with my family, they say riding in my area is dangerous, and dodgy, which make me feel a little nervous.
Just in need of someone to help motivate me, and give advise if they have or going in the same situation

If anybody can get back to me, that would be great

Thank
Raj :)

Replies

• emblu
    emblu Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Rest, ice, compress and elevate. Then get in the pool, its low impact so shouldn't aggrievate your ankle, aim for 3 sessions a week to see results. You don't have to go mad, just start off easy and build up the amount you swim each week.
    Also if its motivation you seek try team sports, excercise becomes social and fun when you do it with others, trust me on this one i lost weight, gained tonnes of friends and had a serious self esteem boost from joining a team.
  • sportygal
    sportygal Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You'd be shocked how intense water aerobics can be. (And in a good way) It saves your joints and is a lot of fun!