Am I losing enough - Post Sleeve

Options
On August 7th I had the sleeve done and I am just curious as to how much everyone else has lost after the surgery. Sometimes I wont lose anything and other times up to 4 pounds a week and overall 26 pounds total. I am still very happy with the 26 pounds, just wondering if that's average. I am also curious to see how much other people are able to eat afterwards. I am so scared of my stomach stretching over time and being able to eat a whole lot again.

Replies

• skatermom503
    Options
    I had RNY almost a year ago and I feel the same way you do. My loss has been fast and slow. Lots of little plateaus but the big picture is what is important. 26# in a month or so is really excellent. My daughter is considering having the sleeve. I know you are early in it but would you recommend it? Your stomach will stretch (I'm sure mine has) and it is so scary but keep doing what you are doing and you will be fine. You still can't eat as much as before. I was wondering...are you less hungry with it and are the things you like to eat different now? My daughter loves sweet things and breads so would like to know this surgery would change that. The RNY did for me...at least initially. Best of luck. You will do great. You won't believe the change this is going to make in your life. Don't worry, just enjoy it. All the best, Bonnie
  • Jennis0212
    Jennis0212 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I guess i feel like since the first two weeks was a liquid only it doesnt feel like as much but it does sound kind of silly for me to question it. Would I recommend it... absolutely. You dont have to worry about a vitamin deficiency or going to readjusted all of the time and it does help tremendously. I think at first it wasnt so much as hunger as it was missing the actual eating and enjoying food. I have never really had a sweet tooth so that hasnt changed at all but one of my favorite foods was a bagel with cream cheese but after chewing so many times before swallowing it just doesnt taste all that good to me anymore. I think thats about the only thing that has changed. Thank you for responding and i wish the best in your daughters decision.
  • skatermom503
    Options
    Thank you. A potential for viatmin deficiency is one of her reasons for looking at this particular surgery. You will have your days when you mourn the way you used to be able to eat. It took me about 4 months to make peace with the changes but then it suddenly clicks and you see what a miracle this is.