Nicole's Log

Options
Hi guys! I'm very excited to join this group :)
So a little bit about me and my weight. My family started eating healthy about 2 years back and I lost about 20 lbs, which was awesome! I was only 10 pounds away from my goal when I hit a wicked plateau. Eventually I gave up trying to eat healthy, and I crashed and burned. I gained over 10 pounds in just one month (that was a really rough time), and in the process of the past year I've gained the other 10 pounds back. I've been on and off trying to eat healthy, and each day usually starts with me trying to eat healthy and by the time I come home from school (I'm still in high school, graduating soon thankfully!!) I am ready to devour everything in my pantry and fridge.
I really want to get serious now. Graduation is going to be here before I know it, and I want to look great! Not only that, but this February my family and I are going to Mexico, and this summer my aunt and I might be going to Panama! I want to look and feel great at each of these events, and I definitely need to be swimsuit-ready. My goal is to lose 35 lbs total. I've checked several different websites and losing 35 lbs would put me right about 135lbs, which is what most of the websites recommended for my height and age. And if I could have only 5 lbs to go after Christmas that would be amazing! But I'm going to need support, for sure. I'm excited to be a part of this group not only for the support that I will get from all of you, but also for the support I will give in return! It's surprising because when you give someone else advice and encourage them, you are much more likely to internalize those same thoughts yourself. So I look forward to journeying through the ups and downs with all of you!
Here's to some hard-core weight loss about to go down! (:

Replies

• nicoleabraham
    Options
    Oh, and my starting weight is 170 lbs. My goal weight is 135 lbs. My email address in case you need to contact me outside of this website is nicoleabes@hotmail.com (:
  • nicoleabraham
    Options
    Today was pretty good! I got up early and did a basic pilates workout. It wasn't hard, I don't think I even broke a sweat, but it was just to learn the basics and work on form. Even though it wasn't hard, I could still feel it working my core!
    I stuck to my calorie plan earlier today very well! I had eggs, toast, and vanilla yogurt for breakfast (we had no fruit, otherwise I would've had that instead of the yogurt!) With all that protein I still wasn't hungry by the time lunch rolled around, but being in school I only have a half hour time slot to eat and then I won't be able to eat again until after 3! It helps packing my lunch in the morning so I already know what I'm bringing and how many calories it will be. And it's great because the vending machines have lots of healthy options! I was feeling like a dessert so I bought a 90 calorie Fiber One brownie. Yum (:
    Dinner I didn't feel like doing much so I had 2 cheddar brats. That wasn't good, I mean it tasted great but I had no veggies or anything which I probably should have had!
    Then I had youth group and there were cookies.... I had 4. /:
    I went over my calorie budget but I tracked everything, which I'm really proud of myself for cause normally I stop trying by dinnertime!

Calorie Goal: 1400
    Calories Consumed: 1585
  • laurwillbelovely
    Options
    Well Done Nicole!!!
  • nicoleabraham
    Options
    I'm actually fasting for religious purposes today so all I have had is a cup of grapes and lots of water! I wasn't actually even going to have any food but I was getting some headaches so I figured I'd better eat something so I didn't get sick. I will be continuing my fast until tomorrow at dinner time, which unfortunately will be held at a fast food restaurant most likely because I am going out of town with some friends! I'll have to eat a salad or something to ease myself back into food again.
    Saturday is going to be rough because I will still be out of town. I probably won't have internet access except for on my phone where I can only track what I eat, which is why I'm explaining this now! I've gotta make some pretty good decisions at fast food restaurants which is where we normally eat on our vaca so it's going to be tough! I won't really have any opportunities to do exercise either because I'm going to be super busy. Most likely we'll be going to Portillo's and Chik-fil-A, so I'll do some searching for calorie counts before I leave so I am prepared!
  • nicoleabraham
    Options
    So yesterday actually went pretty well for being out of town! The hotel we stayed at served a continental breakfast in the morning. I had a scoop of oatmeal with some raisins and nuts mixed in, as well as some pineapple. I also treated myself to two little muffins, since I'd hardly eaten anything the last two days!
    I'm so glad I counted calories ahead of time! We went to Chik-fil-A for lunch and I had already planned out a 400 calorie meal which was perfect and left me satisfied. Normally I eat anywhere from 800-1,000 calories when I eat fast food so that's super awesome!
    For dinner we went to this Salad Buffet Restaurant called Sweet Tomatoes. That was where it went rough. I had a plate of southwest salad, two pizza sticks, a tiny bowl of vegetarian eggplant pasta, and one piece of cornbread. That was a lot in itself! But then they had this chocolate lava brownie cake, and all of my friends were getting it and topping it off with ice cream and it looked so good... I succumbed. I didn't have much, but I know it threw a wrench in my day.
    I gotta stay motivated for the rest of the week (I weigh in on Wednesdays)! Going to start my day today counting calories right away. I'll let you know how it goes tonight!
  • nicoleabraham
    Options
    Getting super frustrated. Today ran the same pattern as any other day.
    Super great breakfast, had some granola bites and a banana.
    Lunch was good, on the run but good. I had a sandwich on the 100 calorie whole grain sandwich bread rounds, with some yummy deli chicken and muenster cheese! My mom made banana muffins which were only 88 calories, yum! So I had one of those and a bag of grapes, which was already measured out into one-cup serving sizes. Then it was out the door and off to work!
    At work (I work on an ice cream truck, freaking awesome-est and yet worst job ever!) I had an ice cream. Buuuuut I made a good choice and chose a Cherry Banana Split bar, only 70 calories and totally satisfied my craving for ice cream!
    Then for dinner we had the family over for Fajita night, which is a once or twice a month thing in my house. The problem is I have absolutely no idea how many calories are in the fajitas, because we buy them at a little local mexican store and the meat is already premade and everything! Then my dad makes guacamole, jalepeno poppers, and to top it all off my grandma made apple pie AND brownies. Talk about temptation out my ears!!!!!
    I had one fajita but then I had lots of guacamole. I had a small slice of apple pie and I think 4 brownies. They were decently small brownies, but all the same, it was a lot of food for me!!
    On the bright side of this, I did a pre-weigh-in weigh-in, if you can understand that! And since Wednesday I've lost 5.5 lbs. WOAH!! I was kinda freaking out, cause that's a lot in only 4 days! But then I remembered that I fasted Thursday and almost all day Friday, which would probably explain it. But I really need to stop weighing in before the official weigh-in, because now I'm feeling like, oh, it's ok if you don't do so hot these next couple days! You only wanted to lose 2 lbs a week and if you gain some back these next couple days it'll be fine cause your net loss will probably then come out to 2 lbs, right where you wanted!' But I know that's a bad mentality to have. I want to form healthy habits, and just because I already lost a lot of weight the past couple days doesn't mean I'm gonna give up and blow of the next couple ones!
    I'm going to talk with my parents about making sure we know how many calories dinners are going to be. Because that's what always kills me, day after day. My goal for tomorrow: Have dinner planned out ahead of time and know how many calories to budget myself for!
  • nicoleabraham
    Options
    I haven't made any effort to track these past couple of days! It's been so bad :( I can already feel that I've gained a substantial amount of weight already!
    My inspiration to get back on track: I just found out I have to get my senior pictures done before Christmas. I've gotta look great!!!! So if I can lose at least 15 lbs before I get them done I will be thrilled. Time to get to work on eating healthy again!
  • nicoleabraham
    Options
    I rocked today!
    Breakfast: Bowl of cereal and a banana.
    Lunch: Went out to eat, but I figured out calories and was able to get a VERY filling meal and eat the entire plate for only 470 calories! Gotta love Applebees :)
    Snack: Really wanted some ice cream, so I got some from the ice cream truck. Only 100 calories, though! Later on I had to take my medicine and I have to take food with it so I had a few saltine crackers, too.
    Dinner: Went out to eat with my youth group. We went to Dairy Queen and my phone died, so I had to guess on calorie content! Still wanted ice cream and actual food didn't seem appetizing so I got a mini French Silk Pie, and guess what? I checked it when I got home and it was just the right amount of calories I needed for dinner! Perfect :)

Calories Consumed: 1367
    Calorie Goal: 1400