NFL, Week 3.

Options
tsh0ck
tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
If you have a skill player for the Giants? Well, make sure he's playing this week. Geez. Those guys are falling apart! But that means waiver wire RB Andre Brown is a great pickup this week, with Bradshaw out. Not only will he be the guy, he's got a great matchup. Need a guy in that slot? Brown can help. If he's gone, other waiver wire RBs to at least check out are Daryl Richardson in STL and Jackie Battle, who, I guess, is with the Chargers now.

Tight end a problem? it is if you had Hernandez. Go out and grab Pitta in Baltimore. Not the official No. 1 TE there, but Flacco loves the guy. He's not piling up yards yet, but he's getting tons of balls thrown his way. So he's a solid pick-up, will get points, and eventually is going to have a breakout game. Martellus Bennett might not be a bad grab, either, since the Giants will be needing to go to some different targets, being down 2 WRs.

WR ... I like Donnie Avery in Indy. Danny Amendola has been doing well and getting a lot of looks in STL. He's done well for me in the past, and will be especially valuable in PPR leagues. but even in standard leagues, particularly deeper ones, he's a good choice as a fill-in for a third WR or a flex spot. Brian Hartline, another guy I've had in the past, is a sneaky pickup at this point. The Dolphins don't have much, but he can be a home run threat. He's not a starter, probably, but a great bench addition. Tannehill -- who I still can't believe is an NFL starter -- loves him.

And, of course, get those rosters set before the Thursday night game.

Replies

• _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I desperately need a wr. I have Hicks who is a no go and Maclin who is iffy.
    Picked up Lafell to replace Hicks but only have Laurent Robinson and D. McCluster on the bench as a backup.

WR pickups I'm considering, Avery, Greg Little and Hartline.