Help! Pumpkin Spice Latte!

Options
Can I drink this? With soy milk of course? Someone tell me yes!

Replies

• FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    No sorry :(

Most Starbucks soy lattes are vegan but not that one. I think it's that they use dairy or butter in the syrup. This guide is the one that I've found to be the most trustworthy so far, but it's a little out of date. There was some hoopla about carmine (crushed beetles) being used in the strawberry food coloring, but I believe they changed back because of the uproar, as Starbucks had marketed that as vegan friendly.

http://veganspired.blogspot.com/2011/06/starbucks-vegan-options.html
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    unfortunately not :(....I looked into it before I went to buy one just to make sure...they use dairy in the pre mix or something....I found a great do-it-yourself vegan alternative :

http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/2010/10/vegan-pumpkin-spice-latte-not-starbucks.html
  • darkling_glory
    darkling_glory Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Awww, man! Thanks, though!
  • alane15
    alane15 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    As far as I can tell pumpkin flavoring at Starbucks, Caribou, and Dunn Brothers are all a NO go for vegan :( I'm hoping to find a local cafe around me that serves a vegan pumpkin anything!
  • treehugger215
    treehugger215 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    you can try the via starbucks pumpkin latte?
  • Jessicaarceneaux
    Jessicaarceneaux Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegan and work at starbucks, its a sauce/syrup we put into the drinks. I read the ingredient list and it made with nonfat milk an some other dairy stuff. The via yes you can drink it, its made with cane sugar, microground coffee and natural flavoring.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    THE PANERA ONE IS VEGAN!! Yay! Also, the via pumpkin spice are good, and Trader Joe's has a pumpkin spice ground coffee that hits the spot. :-)