What I am hearing...

Options
This is a relatively new group and it is clear we have all joined due to our finickey digestive issues...

Let's begin with what HAS worked for your specific issue. It is so obvious that we tend to focus on food soooo much b/c it effects us soooo much. The big issue for all of us to start with is calorie consumption and foods that don't irritate but keep us full the longest.

Breakfasts for me are very important! It has to keep me full for 3 hours until my 9:45 break (I am a teacher). Here are a few that do not irritate my Crohn's and keep me satisfied.

1. Nature's own 100% whole wheat toast - 2 @ 50 cal each
I can't believe...butter spray - 0 cal
Sugar free (made with splenda) jelly - 10 cal
2 Egg Whites plus 1 whole egg scrambled or w/runny yolk - 100 cal
Coffee
Soy Creamer - 10 cal/tsp - 30 cal - *** CROHN'S PEOPLE SHOULD AVOID DAIRY PRODUCTS ***
TOTAL - 240

2. Old fashioned oatmeal (sweetened with stevia cinnamon and a little almond milk) - 1/2 cup - 150 cal
At this point I will add Almonds - OR my eggwhite omelet listed above - 100 cal
Coffee w/ soy creamer - 30 cal TOTAL - 280

** please know that I do know that coffee does stimulate our digestive systems and it does mine too, but that is a trade off and I have it pretty well planned these days.. :) If this bothers you too much, decaf tea is a great sub!

http://www.notmilk.com/drgreger.html - go here regarding dairy...very interesting!!!