9/20/12 - Truthful Thursday . . . Where'd everybody go??

Options
lepow
lepow Posts: 92 Member
I guess I'm talking to myself. LOL.

I think I'm on a plateau, and I'm soooooo frustrated. I've been 198-ish since 8/31. Last week I went down to 197 for a day, then back up to 198. I went down to 197 again today . . . here's hoping it sticks.

My truthful part is that I'm focusing too much on the scale, perhaps. I've been taking measurements, but they don't seem to satisfy me as much - and those numbers aren't going down a whole ton either. My BF pointed out that I've been doing the same exercises for quite a while, so it may be time to change it up again. I've done some research, and Zumba classes are offered at the local community center for $3/class, so I'm going to be doing that tonight. When I first started this journey, I used to do Zumba and Body Jam 2-3 times a week. Doing something other than jogging (what I've been doing lately), sounds like so much fun! I'm looking forward to this next step.

Replies

• donnasjohnson
    donnasjohnson Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm back. I've been out of town all week at a conference and just got back home. I worked real hard at making good food choices, but it wasn't easy since I ate out 3 meals a day and was with 7 other coworkers who were eating like they were on vacation. I did pretty good, but am determined not to step on the scale tonight. We'll see what the morning says! I did go down to the exercise room at the hotel three out of four days, so that was good. Oh, and my boss also downloaded myfitnesspal app at lunch today because he is determined to lose a few pounds too now that he eat like a crazy person the last four days! Glad to get back to some sense of normalcy.
  • lepow
    lepow Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Those schedule-busters always get me! Congrats on being mostly good! Glad you're back. I was getting lonely here. lol
  • donnasjohnson
    donnasjohnson Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Well, I stepped on the scale this morning and was down four tenths of a pound. I'll take anything that's a loss at this point! The week before I left was extremely hard, and so I was worried about what I would do while I was gone. Today was good but not great, had to stay and work through lunch and so pizza was ordered and I ate. I can make the numbers work since I did well for breakfast and dinner, and I did walk this morning, but it would have been nice to be able to snack around tonight. Oh well, tomorrow is another 1200 calories! Maybe I can eat "funner" then!