Breakfast ideas

Options
TELR85
TELR85 Posts: 32 Member
I found a recipe yesterday and tried it this morning it was super yummy so I thought I'd share.....

Low Carb/Low Call pancakes

1/4 cup Fage yoghurt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
6 tbs egg beaters
1 tsp truvia

Mix together all ingrediants and fry up like a regular pancake.

The recipe I found yesterday used cream cheese, I use Fage/greek yoghurt instead of cream cheese so I replaced it. It was sweet enough that I didn't top it with anything but it could easily have some low carb syrup and be enjoyable. It was a crepe like consistancy.

The recipe said it should have made 4 cakes, and probably would have but I was distracted and pored too much in and made 2 instead.

95 cals
7 carbs

I had it along with a Dannon diabetic friendly stawberry yoghurt and a cup of carrot juice.

yummmo!!

Replies

• xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I found a recipe yesterday and tried it this morning it was super yummy so I thought I'd share.....

Low Carb/Low Call pancakes

1/4 cup Fage yoghurt
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    6 tbs egg beaters
    1 tsp truvia

Mix together all ingrediants and fry up like a regular pancake.

The recipe I found yesterday used cream cheese, I use Fage/greek yoghurt instead of cream cheese so I replaced it. It was sweet enough that I didn't top it with anything but it could easily have some low carb syrup and be enjoyable. It was a crepe like consistancy.

The recipe said it should have made 4 cakes, and probably would have but I was distracted and pored too much in and made 2 instead.

95 cals
    7 carbs

I had it along with a Dannon diabetic friendly stawberry yoghurt and a cup of carrot juice.

yummmo!!

That does sound yummy!
  • LetsGoBlues
    Options
    mmmmmm!!! Thanks for posting!!!
  • statickey
    statickey Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I still need to try over night oatmeal. I found a recipe on Pinterest the other day that's really simple and it's supposed to taste like a no-bake cookie!
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    Options
    Hmmm sounds like breakfast to me for tomorrow morning! =]
  • Papayamaya5
    Papayamaya5 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    for my vegetarians/vegans, tofu scramble is my FAVORITE breakfast because it's chock full of protein so its really filling!

http://www.theppk.com/2009/10/tof-u-and-tof-me-scrambled-tofu-revisited/

enjoy!
  • TELR85
    TELR85 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I still need to try over night oatmeal. I found a recipe on Pinterest the other day that's really simple and it's supposed to taste like a no-bake cookie!

Sounds like something I'd like to try. Can you please post the recipe?