Looking for inspiration for Olympic Triathlon 2013

Options
I've completed four sprints and many 5K's and it's time for an Olympic Distance in 2013. I'm looking for others that want to do an olympic distance or those with experience in training/racing this distance.

Send me friend requests...I've got a few friends that do them, but not many to gab with and share tall tales of cramped feet, dropped waterbottles, ripped race tags.

Thanks!

Replies

• ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Did my first Oly this summer. Loved it!!!
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I did 2 sprints this summer, and I definitely would love to do an Oly next summer! I'll add you!
  • alaliberte
    Options
    Thanks, looking forward to your workout posts!
  • rob_v
    rob_v Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have done a few Olympics and of them all - The Nations Tri in DC is by far one of the best races I have ever experienced.
    Just the fact that they close the parkway and you get to tear *kitten* down it on your bike is just killer. The run is thru the park and around the monuments - the scenery alone is great.
    Already signed up for that one again this year!
  • penelepurr
    penelepurr Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I've done a handful of tri's (up to a half-IM so far!), a couple of them Olympic distance. I would love to have more tri friends! Sending a request your way :)
  • mtsnorider
    mtsnorider Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Doing my first olympic this summer. My oldest is doing it with me. She is an athlete - I just try to finish without dying. I have done several sprints and this year I will push myself to do a 30k trail run as well.

My race isn't until August so I would love to connect and share training ideas, accountability, etc.
  • mleech77
    mleech77 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to be doing Oly distance by late summer early fall.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Did my first olympic last year...doing again this year...hopefully doing 3 next year...was supposed to do another this year, but I didn't realize there was a lottery...oops.