NSV today thanks to the zombs.

Options
redfroggie
redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
I finished off all the missions and today did the first supply mission. Now I started months and months ago with C25K but after about week 4 or 5 I get bored. Enter, Zombies, Run! This has kept me very interested. I've been doing a C25K version, trying to increase my endurance etc.
Welllllll today I ran for a full mile without stopping! I know that doesn't sound like much but for a chunky girl like me, it was awesome! Now whatever you do don't count on me out in the field, this Runner 5 was soooo slow, it took me 14:30 to complete the mile.
Now I will work on getting that mile done faster.

Replies

• jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Great big smile for you!!

I was a multiple C25K dropout, until Zombies, Run! I finally ran 3.1 miles today for the first time ever. 37 minutes, 12min/mile. Not bad for an ex-chain-smoking grandma, either.

Congrats to both of us, thanks to the Zoms!!
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Great big smile for you!!

I was a multiple C25K dropout, until Zombies, Run! I finally ran 3.1 miles today for the first time ever. 37 minutes, 12min/mile. Not bad for an ex-chain-smoking grandma, either.

Congrats to both of us, thanks to the Zoms!!

Wow well done you! I hope to be able to run 3.1 miles one day. I do 3.1 miles each time and the time is getting smaller, one day I will be able to run the whole time. You've def inspired me! :)
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I'm still running a 15 minute mile, but I'm okay with that, because it's a lot faster than I was doing a mile six months ago :wink: Big congratulations to you on running a mile non-stop. That is a huge accomplishment!