New Member :)

Options
Hi, All! Just joined this site. This group title caught my eye right away. Looking to meet some friends with common beliefs, interests and goals. I'm a Christian, married to my high school sweetheart for 20 years, Mom to 5 kiddos. I love my Savior and my family with all of my heart. I have struggled with putting my body image above God for most of my life. I need to lose 20 lbs but I don't want to fall into my usual obsessive eating and exercising habits again. Due to lack of work, we have moved from the city to the sticks and due to stress and depression I managed to put on about 30 lbs. I have been really struggling with getting the rest of the weight off while keeping my priorities and mental state in check. ~Heather

Replies

• AmyJKSaunders
    AmyJKSaunders Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have been struggling, too, and would love to have another friend to keep in touch with. It's all about giving God the glory, and when I think about how my body is not representing what God wants me to be, that is the biggest motivator for me. I'm getting things in order slowly, because it is not easy. I'm working on growing my relationship with the Lord, and at the same time, trying to shrink my body. It's the best combination for success!

God's blessings to you!

Amy