What's your weight loss Go-To Philippines dishes?

Options
Hello from Chicago Illinois!
What Philippines recipes do you eat when trying to lose weight?
My favorite Pilipino dishes during my weight loss journey include:
mongo
skinless chicken adobo
vegetarian kare kare
ginisang pechay
ginisang upo
ginisang ampalaya
pinakbet
can of Ligo sardines [5.5oz] sauteed with garlic & onions
[Note: All meat used is lean, fat trimmed off]

Replies

• LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I just eat anything I like in moderation. The few Filipino dishes that I like are beef sisig, crispy pata, ox tripe kare-kare, grilled squid, grilled fish. I admit that I don't really like most of the dishes & most of the time, I just make my own food especially with salmon, tuna or skinless chicken breast plus steamed veggies or veggie salad with chicken, tuna or salmon. Also for every dish, I put tons of chili peppers since I love super spicy foods.
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Hello LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo!

Have you reached your goal? I asked because you look great! It doesn't look like you need more to lose.

Saying hi from Chicago!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Hello LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo!

Have you reached your goal? I asked because you look great! It doesn't look like you need more to lose.

Saying hi from Chicago!
    Yeah, thanks. I actually reached my goal August last year. Am trying my best not to lose more weight since I have a medium built & can't go lower than 54 kg/120lbs. (I'm 1.57m/5'2")

Right now I'm doing bodybuilding lifestyle (bulk/cut) plus high protein diet as part of my maintenance and to keep up my performance since I play football (soccer).

EDIT: By the way I also did this when I was still in the weight loss wagon. The only difference is that the portions were lesser.