Big Step...

Options
pammbroo
pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
I took a huge step out of my dating comfort zone last week and thought I would share. I attended a seminar in DC for work. One of the presenters was an attractive guy who I had a quick chat with before his presentation. He seemed very nice. So I jotted his email address down in my notebook. All the way home I debated...should I or shouldn't I?? Figured if it didn't go well, I'd never see him again so WTH! I went for it. So I sent a carefully worded email with equal parts of confidence, humor and charm, and asked if he would be interested in having a drink with me sometime. I actually opened a beer and drank about half to write the email! lol

Anyway, I received a very nice message back from him telling me that I had made him smile, but that he was very happily married (he didn't have a ring on -- I did check) and couldn't take me up on the drink offer.

I have never done anything like that before...EVER! So it was great for me from that standpoint, and I brought a smile to a handsome stranger's day.

All good stuff...

Replies

• SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm sure he was very flattered. And you took a giant step. I think it's great.

I did something I don't normally do in the online dating realm... I usually wait for guys to message me, but, umm, this weekend, I had a little bit of help from the Vodka jell-o shots or possibly it was the Smirnoff... anyway, I noticed that this really sexy man had viewed me and clicked on the "wants to meet me" button. So, I sent him this message that said, "You're cute." LOL I've never done that before... not without them messaging me initially... and he responded. And we've been chatting since... that was two days ago. Do I expect anything to come out of it? Who knows? But I'm having fun texting and chatting with a hot male for the time being.
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    That is awesome..
    I'm actually hoping I can learn from your example because if this last person that I chatted with for 2.5 hours on the phone from POF turns out to be a flake/fraud or just not a good match..I'm getting off the online dating scene for awhile again.
    I still want to date though..so I have a feeling that despite my desire to have a man approach me I will have to take more initiative.
    Thanks and keep it up!
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Gotta love liquid courage....hahahaha
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I love it!
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Love it!

My motto is: when it doubt.. do it!

:drinker:
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I also did what Southersweetie did, I messaged a guy which I would wait for a guy to message me first but this time I made the first move and met this really great guy, he is now my boyfriend!! He he!! Good for you getting out of your comfort zone!!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome! It's really hard taking that step because most women want reassurance that a man is interested so we love to let them take charge. But as any guy on here will tell you, that is HARD TO DO ALL THE TIME! Make it easier for the ones that interest you... I'm still working on that part myself :drinker:
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Damn the non-ring wearers! LOL! That is really awesome, and now that you've done it once, you'll have an easier time doing it again! Whoo hoo! :drinker:
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Liquid courage always gets the job done ;P

Good for you!!! I hope it goes well.