Hello Ladies

Options
Mommy of three here with a full time job! HOW DO PEOPLE DO IT?!?!?!?! I have been driving myself crazy trying to find time for anything. My youngest it 5 months and my oldest is 5 years. Between work, husband, kids and activites I cant find time to work out. Anyone else feels this way?:ohwell:

Replies

• Anorduil
    Options
    I feel that way; I am a single mom with a hyperactive 7 year old boy. I drive by the gym every day and wish I had time to go in, or for that matter, even the energy to consider it. I set my alarm every morning for 4:50 to wake up and start doing crunches or something in the living room. (That snooze button needs to be replaced with my son crying or something- no mom can sleep through that...)
    At this point, I have never actually pulled myself out of bed that early to start doing crunches, I cannot bring myself to go to bed before 11, and I'm not motivated enough to start walking or jogging on my lunch breaks at work. After work is out of the question, it takes all my energy to watch my son, get dinner on the table, and do my daily chores. What my point is is that you are not alone, all moms go through that. With three kids I can't relate completely, but I know what it is like to want to work out but having time nor energy to even get around to by the end of the day.
    What I have found that could work in a positive way is taking vitamins and supplements. I started taking B-12 vitamins a couple of weeks ago with my normal supplements and it has upped my energy a lot. Water is also another huge underestimated energy source. My own research has pulled up the organic apple cider vinegar and honey remedy for energy, weight loss (and appetite suppressant). Finding time to work out means less sleep in my book as getting up extremely early in the morning is the only option that seems feasible. The extra energy is the only motivation to work out that I can think of other than having a giant mirror in the hallways that shows you at every angle in the morning.
  • 100lbdown
    100lbdown Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Absolutely feel this way. I kept thinking to myself do I stay up later or get up earlier to exercise. I feel awful that I don't work out more. Then I am thinking I can't deprive myself of anymore sleep. I don't get enough as it is. I know sleep has its benefits too. Before the kids, when I lost weight, I found I personally lost more weight when I slept. So there for I sleep. I squeeze a gym visit in when I can, which is once or twice a week. Still feel a little guilty about not exercising the way I should but a body needs rest.