older games

Options
So i just put in Dark Cloud again (this time i may even beat it) to jam out on some of my older PS2 games because SWToR and WoW have lost my intersest and it got me thinking what are some of your favorite older games (anything not from this concole era)

I loved the Devil May Cry series and cant wait to get the first one again (i love ebay lol)

Any FF before 11, well any RPG especially on PS1

Replies

• escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    FF I to X along with Vagrant story and the original Kingdom Hearts. Super Mario RPG is still my favorite game ever! I' an old school gamer though, I have my SNES, NES, N64 and Sega still hooked up next to my TV.
  • elrickis1337
    elrickis1337 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    oh man i forgot about vagrant story i loved that game the story and game play were so great on that one

im oldschool too i love all the SNES games SMRPG is amazing the Breath of Fire games were great too
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    My number one favorite game of all time is ActRaiser. Too bad they didn't make a sequel.
  • elrickis1337
    Options
    actually tehy did make a sequel to act raisers (i had it for SNES a long time ago) but i never beat any of the levels on it lol
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Super Mario RPG is still my favorite game ever!

FTW!!!! I still have my old systems hooked up as well. One of my old school favorites is Arcuss Odessy for the Sega Genesis. I still think Phantasy Star was a better RPG than Final Fantasy. Also, Lunar anyone?
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    all this talk about vagrant story and final fantasy gave me gamerwood
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Playing some Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem right now. Legit creepy for an old game.
  • kkwebster
    kkwebster Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    do old computer games count?

it is going to age me, but I will still "dumb' down my system to play the King's Quest series... 5 and 6 being my favorite :)
  • HLeAnn
    HLeAnn Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Crono Trigger :heart:

Then of course, FFVII

Also, the first Resident Evil up til RE4(my fav)
  • elrickis1337
    Options
    Lunar is one of my favorite RPGs and ive heard Phantasy Star was better but i never had a sega :( (Lunar i played on PS1 had the cloth map and everything)

my wife just deleted my CT save file on her computer and it made me super sad :( lol

what abotu the Lufia series anyone play that one?

and DRMerc i always have gamerwood :)
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Playing some Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem right now. Legit creepy for an old game.

Legit creepy for real. I remember being scared playing that game, haha.

I was just playing some Eternal Champions (originally for the Genesis, but I downloaded it onto the Wii). Loved that game as a kid!

Even though I've beaten it at least 9347538534843.8 times, I'm starting up Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness on the N64. It just never gets old for me. :smile:
  • Permbaby
    Permbaby Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I bust out Suikoden every now and then. Such a great series that evolved into absolute garbage.

I also still have a soft spot in my heart for the old X-men arcade game. Thank you Xbox Arcade for bringing it back.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Go play System Shock 2 if you really want to play a good game.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Friday the 13th for the NES. I haven't beaten it yet without cheating. I remember playing it late at night and jumping like a scared little girl whenever Jason would randomly pop out.

Duck Tales! Again for NES.

Forgot the exact name but X-Men for Sega Genesis. It was my 1st game I played with Nightcrawler. My favorite Marvel character. It wasn't anything special. Just a generic side scroller action title.

Sword of Mana for SNES. Had tons of fun playing with friends.

Panzer Dragoon RPG for Sega Saturn. I loved it. I wish they'd make an updated version with shiny new graphics.

FFVI or FFIII depending on how you viewed it. SNES version. BEST FF EVER!
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I've had the urge lately to play Neverwinter Nights through again and also load up a persistent world that we made and had running online for the general public to play. But I was missing an installation disc :(

Also want to play Toejam & Earl on Sega Megadrive/Genesis. Never finished that damn game!
  • Permbaby
    Permbaby Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Toejam and Earl was great. Many hours were wasted on it, but I never finished it either.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Chrono Trigger....and I'm also currently going through Final Fantasy VI on my Android emulator at the moment :)
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I remember playing Day of the Tentacle on pc when I was a kid, I think I will try and find that again haha
  • dckennedy22
    Options
    Definitely Crono Trigger!

Secret of Mana 1 & 2 as well. Loved those games.
  • TheDreadPirateRoberts
    Options
    I like the original Doom still and I recently went back through the Broken Sword series and some older games. Might dig out an old version of Monkey Island... I'm bound to have forgotten the jokes by now.