Tuesday Week 6

Options
Hey Everyone! Happy Tuesday! This is going to be short and sweet because I'm cooking supper as well as posting this! :)

Today is recipe share day. I am going to share a simple, light pasta recipe I enjoy. This is much healthier than the thick creamy pasta sauces that really add up on calories!

Toss cooked whole wheat pasta with 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, breadcrumbs, parsley, lemon juice, garlic powder salt, and black pepper. Tastes great!!

Replies

• keeleen
    Options
    I make chicken spaghetti, and it's so yummy!

Wheat pasta
    boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1 can cream of chicken (I use the 98% Fat free)
    1 can cream of mushroom soup (again 98% fat free)
    1 can of chicken broth
    4 - 8 oz (your preference really) Velveeta cheese crumbles or shredded velveeta cheese (still haven't found a substitution for this yet lol)

Boil the chicken until done, then shred. Cook the pasta. Mix the chicken broth and cans of soup together and bring to a simmer, mix in the cheese, until melted. Then mix everything together...

I love this because it satisfies that creamy pasta sauce that I love without adding all the calories. It makes a pretty large amount, I divide mine into 8 portions for calorie counting, althought I'm pretty sure I get more than 8 out of it, but I never measure spot on... and it's around 350 calories, depending on pasta and things. So yummy!