Getting Discouraged

Options
Tisch1985
Tisch1985 Posts: 107 Member
I run 2 times a week (C25K week 2 day 2) and 1 day a week i go to the gym for 2 hours. I don't log my food but i know for 99% that i'm under my calorie goal. maybe not enough exercise?! I don't know.
I do know that when my bowels where inflamed the weight lose was going well and now that they are healing i just can't lose any weight!

I won't stop but it's just hard! I have 2 little kids and my bubby works irregular hours so i can only work out when the kids are in bed and i'm to tired to do any thing( my youngest is 16 months and still wakes up 3 times at night so i sleep so crappy!) or when he is at home. I know i have to make time to workout but if my hubby isn't home i can't do much.

I'm sorry for this dom post but i had to get it out of my system.

Replies

• litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    A lot of people say that weight loss is 80% diet, 20% exercise. I think you need to start logging your food because it's really easy to underestimate the number of calories that you consume and portion sizes are much smaller than expected. Also, even if you are under your caloric intake, the kinds of foods you are eating could be hindering your weight loss.
  • cherrym03
    cherrym03 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Try and log your food every now and again. You'd be surprised how quickly calories can add up. Before starting MFP and logging my food I did my workout every single day but I barely got rid of 5lbs in a whole month. After logging though, I learned to assess my calorie intake way better, and now I can really see results! And I don't do high-impact stuff like I used to do back when I didn't log, just a lot of walking to/from/around school and about 40 minutes of stationary biking. And it's working way better!
    I really believe in the "weight loss is 80% diet, 20% exercise" thing now. Of course, it depends on each and every person now, but I'd say give it a try :]
  • Tisch1985
    Options
    I do log my food some days and weigh my food most days. it realy suprised how much you must eat to get 1600 calories! If i eat crap it soon ads up but if you eat normal portions of "normal" food you need to eat a lot.

i did get my monthly friend so that explains why i gaines 2 pounds!
    I will try and eat cleaner maybe that will help
  • mep0430
    mep0430 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    For me personally, nothing really changed for me until I started logging my food. Give it a try, and be as honest and accurate as you can. Even the "bad" days will help change your habits for the better.
  • brpainter
    brpainter Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    For me personally I thought that I was eating fairly healthy and under or at my calorie goal, but the weight would not come off, and in fact kept creeping up. So I started logging my food everyday, and I realized just how much I was over eating! That taste of my daughter's macaroni and cheese, those baked chips because baked is healthier, dipping my finger once into the cookie dough...all of those things add up! In one of my weight loss support groups we call them BLT's. Bites, licks and tastes. THEY ADD UP! I did not realize just how many calories I was wasting on BLT's.

Two weeks ago when I hoped on board with this challenge I started tracking every piece of food that went into my mouth. Including BLTs. It was a huge ah-ha moment for me to see just how off I was on my estimating. Since I started tracking I've seen a 3.6 weight loss. I have even had several days that I didn't want to track because I knew I had gone extremely over (I can't say no to a cheesy Mexican dinner!), but I did and I am glad for it now because I see that even though I have those cheat days, I can still lose as long as they aren't everyday! So if you are stalling/plateauing maybe give logging a try for a bit and see if it helps!
  • Tisch1985
    Options
    Good news I lost weight!! it's not much but i'm 1,2 pounds under my starting weight!! I'm so happy.
    I don't do BLT's haha i eat what i eat and don't do bite's of other's hihi. I do track what i eat and log my food now and than but most times i don't but i do weigh my food so i get good portion controle.