Stomach Issues - Just Wondering

Options
chelley_79
chelley_79 Posts: 102 Member
So I'm 6 years post op... and occassionally I have this "flare up" in my stomach. It's a bit debiliating for a few hours... severe pressure and burning and I get super hot... then at end I get freezing cold. Doesn't happen alot, but seems to be more often (I know.. I am gonna call doctor)... anyway last night was particularly bad and lasted way longer than normal. I also have a feeling now that I got punched in the stomach and in the middle of my back. It does seem to be easing up as day progresses.. but have any of you had issues like this? I know a few years ago the doctor said it sounded like I had an ulcer and switched me from Zantac to Prilosec... which I take religiously daily... I'm just curious... :-) I was thinking it could be too much acidic foods and drinks lately??? Anyway.. just curious!!

Replies

• Pelly57
    Pelly57 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    The acidic foods could definitely be causing it. I had a similar thing happen to me. I went to the dr one day sure something major was wrong, I was in so much pain. The verdict was pre-ulcer, whatever that is. Put me prilosec and I am much more careful about putting anything on my stomach that might irritate it. ALWAYS take my meds with food. Alcohol really made it angry, gave that up altogether. But you are right, get in to see the dr.