Wedding Goals and Dresses?

Options
2»

Replies

• Predsfan2013
    Predsfan2013 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Shell,

So sorry I haven't checked this earlier. I have been out of town with my fiancés family. I went with a corset back because I am apple shaped and a corset back helps give me the shape I want. I was told I needed an extra panel as the only alteration for my dress. Well if I lose 60 lbs by Feb then I do not have to have that. I never feel comfortable in zippers because I am large in my mid section and I am afraid they will bust. I would not feel comfortable.

If I could figure out the posting of pictures I would show you the dress now and then I want to post one from the wedding.

I am so excited because we met with our wedding planner this week and everything is coming together. I have almost everything chosen and deposits made. If you haven't budgeted a planner. you should. She has taken so much stress off of me.
  • Shell30Harrison
    Shell30Harrison Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks Predsfan,
    I appreciate the info about corsetted dresses. I'm more pear-shaped myself, but I think from what you and Sem9787 have both said, the corset-backed dress is the way to go if I am hoping to lose 15LB after the dress purchase. It seems to have a bit more natural flexibility for sizing!
    Yes, it will be great to see those pics - my impression is that it is a major pain to try and do photos on here!

I'm from the UK and using a wedding planner just isn't as common over here. In fact, the only couple I know who have had one - the bride was American. I think in the UK the tendency is to manage the wedding yourself up to a budget of ....say..... £25k ($40,000), but that weddings that go significantly above that tend to have an official planner.

I'm loving the idea though - it must be awesome fun meeting with your planner and going through shortlists of options with an expert !!! Less stress, more fun, and probably greater options than you'd uncover by yourself using nothing but Google to help you with planning :D

Shell x