Fun one for friday

So my sister was going to set me up on a date with a coworker, she looked good so I agreed. Just got a text from the sister a few minutes ago calling the whole deal off. I asked why and this is what I got: Well she only dates guys with tattoos, I said wow that seems petty. Then comes the kicker. My sister says, not sure if it would be a good fit anyway, she is currently paying her exes rent, gas and for his food.

Apparently lack of tattoos is a bigger turnoff than a total bum.... I was seriously born in the wrong generation!!

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member

Are there words?

All I can come up with is "Way to dodge that bullet".

Matrix style, yo.
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    And your sister thought it would be a good idea to set you two up in the first place because....???
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511

Are there words?

All I can come up with is "Way to dodge that bullet".

Matrix style, yo.

Bullet? I was thinking of getting a Mickey mouse on my shoulder... gas is expensive! :laugh:

Unfortunately it seems this shizz is more common than not.
  • poncho33
    And your sister thought it would be a good idea to set you two up in the first place because....???

My sister just started there a couple of weeks ago, so didn't know about the drama
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Some women are a glutton for punishment. A man can usually sense if he can use and abuse a woman and many take advantage that fact, just like her ex-boyfriend is doing.

This women sounds very petty and probably not worth the time of day. Personally, I don't have any tattoos and prefer the clean-cut look. I like women who didn't have tattoos, but almost every girl I dated has at least 1 or 2 small ones. Nowhere near a deal breaker in my book.

If she has a tattoo of her dogs face on her arm or something like that.. run.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Your fault for dating her cos she 'looked good'! :laugh:

At some point, you guys are going to realise that a 'good looking, 9/10, top tier' (or whatever other adjective I read on here) woman is not necessarily:

intelligent
    witty
    a nymphomaniac
    with common sense, that
    will watch your back
    will come and pick you up when its cold
    can cook
    can clean
    can work

etc
    etc
    etc

You dodged a bullet Jim! :flowerforyou:
  • cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Wow! So she only dates total losers... I see it as a compliment that you don't qualify in her opinion. :wink:
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    So my sister was going to set me up on a date with a coworker, she looked good so I agreed. Just got a text from the sister a few minutes ago calling the whole deal off. I asked why and this is what I got: Well she only dates guys with tattoos, I said wow that seems petty. Then comes the kicker. My sister says, not sure if it would be a good fit anyway, she is currently paying her exes rent, gas and for his food.

Apparently lack of tattoos is a bigger turnoff than a total bum.... I was seriously born in the wrong generation!!

You are all missing the point. Where can I find a woman to pay my rent, gas and food? I think I can hear Anna volunteering to do that for me. :laugh: :wink:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member

You are all missing the point. Where can I find a woman to pay my rent, gas and food? I think I can hear Anna volunteering to do that for me. :laugh: :wink:

It certainly wouldnt be the first time!! :indifferent:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member

LOL

Maybe your sister was mad at you when she made this date .....

I just cannot see paying for an exes anything let alone rent..

However I would love to find a guy who would help me with these things (notice I sadi help not pay it all)
  • poncho33

haha, maybe that guy should write a book!!
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member

haha, maybe that guy should write a book!!

Yes, he should. If he can get an ex to cover rent, gas and food, he should probably be able to get a current gf to pick up his cell phone/Internet and maybe even cable TV. A parent or other relative can cover recreational spending money. For the most part, that eliminates the need to work. Professional freeloading.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    :noway: Ugh... that is all.
  • So, apparently, she's not into super good looking, smart men with great personalities... but she is into total bums with tattoos who take advantage of her.

Hmmm...

Sounds like her loss to me.