I is skeered - embracing my inner Pandaren

Options
I just got Scrolled!

I quit cold turkey 2 years ago and never looked back. Sure, I had coworkers that would try to lure me in giving me updates on what was going in the good ol' world o' Warcraft, but I never wavered. In fact, I had pretty much turned in my gamer creds and started down the path of healthy living, exercising and getting out more often. Pretty much anything that didn't have me hunched over a keyboard staring at a screen in the wee hours of the night until work the next day. I tried on several occasions to take a stab at a few games since 2010, but nothing kept me engaged. I even built a new rig this year, but it went largely unused save for a couple of acts in D3 and scattered forays into Skyrim.

Before I knew that MoP was in the works, I joked back then that I'd only come back if they made Pandarens playable (I was one of those long time Hordies that got shafted when we got goblinized). Well, today the joke's on me.

So fellow MFP Gamers, what's a gal to do? I'm dreading losing my way to fitness nirvana by the arrival of MoP CE on my doorstep. I'm downloading a fresh new client as I type this. How do you stay on track while balancing a stable of WoW alts? How do you say no to that "one more daily, arena or raid"?

Replies

• elrickis1337
    elrickis1337 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    DONT DO IT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Cata was soooooooo bad what makes you think this isnt just another one of blizzards hillarious jokes on us :)
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    because this time, its actually good! LOL

this xpac is enjoyable. Cata was very meh for me but this one, the quests are interactive and interesting. Love that you can now 'farm' by grwoing crops to lvl up you cooking, there's no daily quest limit, the dungeons are different with different mechanics. IDK much about the panda side, havent played one yet, waiting till the newness dies down.

But i will often set a timer, wehn it goes off, the next quest/dungeon/pvp/arena/etc i finish is the last one until i get something done, dishes, laundry, exercise, etc. then when i get back on, i set the timer again.

Oh..and learn to say no! LOL
  • sweetsungirl
    Options
    because this time, its actually good! LOL

this xpac is enjoyable. Cata was very meh for me but this one, the quests are interactive and interesting. Love that you can now 'farm' by grwoing crops to lvl up you cooking, there's no daily quest limit, the dungeons are different with different mechanics. IDK much about the panda side, havent played one yet, waiting till the newness dies down.
    ^^ Have to agree, Cata content was not to my liking, but the Pandaren content is good and aethestic is really beautiful. Its nice not too see old geography covered with a new skin. Everything in the panda lowbie area looks fresh. You will enjoy it, but definitely give yourself some boundaries...(I will play until I have to go to bed at 10pm and not a second later!! etc..) best wishes!
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    you know, you can always turn on parental controls on your account, then it gives you a 20 min warning and a coundown till shutdown. then it shuts you down at your set time automatically
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    This Exp seems much much better then the other exp packs so far. Though the question is will I get to 90 and be bored out of my mind in a month.

Also nothing like having a group of 10 people goto school on Horde hiding in towns.
  • Turtlehurdle
    Options
    DO IT!!!!

I stopped playing for 8 months. Glad I rejoined for Pandas. Good stuff so far.
  • EPICUREASIAN
    EPICUREASIAN Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Well I did spend most of the day Sunday (my rest/cheat day) just hopping around the "new" zones. I think I'll just play a Pandaren for a bit and get reacquainted with the game. It appears there's plenty of content to cover after 2 years. And I agree that the new xpac is pretty--more engaging than what I saw of Cataclysm; I enjoyed the new sights and sounds of MoP.

There's always the temptation to take up my old toons and get back into the dungeon/daily/raid grind. But that path leads to losing track of time (not to mention diet). And there's always that time-waster just skilling up on professions. I was getting that dread feeling while I was fishing up to 50.

Isn't there a built in alarm/timer in the game or was that a mod I'm remembering?

I will try to keep playing only 2 hours a night and not go overboard. It's my man's bad habits of staying up till 3am puttering around in-game that's a bad influence on me.
  • Turtlehurdle
    Options
    Do you need a guild? >.>
  • dckennedy22
    Options
    Been toying with getting the expansion for a bit now... Played the beta for a while and wasn't overly grabbed by the new content.

If it wasn't for getting distracted by the spider horse thing and getting the annual pass I'd probably have cancelled a long time ago. As it stands, I've mostly been messing around getting odd achievements I've missed and having fun with pet battles since they were introduced.

Just can't think of a good enough reason to upgrade yet :smile:
  • hello_kitty3
    hello_kitty3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I love the pandas! I have made it a point to make sure I get everything on my to-do list for the day done before I play... of course that unfortunately means some days I don't get to play at all... but its working for me. Also if I have to go from town to town I take the flight points and do some jogging in place or lift light weights while I'm flying lol
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Do you need a guild? >.>

Always the guild pimp....