WDW Marathon Weekend January 10-13!

2»

Replies

• wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Best of luck to everyone who is running this weekend! Leave your layers at home because it is going to be hot, especially for the marathon. There's something seriously wrong about 80 degrees in January.

I dreamed about the race last night -- I dreamed I ran the half. It was raining and I couldn't find the right raincoat so had a late start. There were all these little obstacles and tasks you had to do along the way, like there was a maze and a thing where you had to find a lost object. I finished in 1 hour. Piece of cake!
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Good luck and pixie dust to all WDW Marathon runners. Stay hydrated. Can't wait to hear all about it!!
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Good luck to everyone who is running the marathon this weekend!
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    I ran the half -- it was a blast! I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is thinking about it. It was like a huge, moving party. The atmosphere was very relaxed, there were always people walking, stopping for pictures with characters, and a lot of water stops, bands playing on the side, there was a church choir singing at one point, and a lot of music and people to cheer you on. The energy from the crowd made it easy to keep running. I ran faster than in my training runs, never got bored, and only started to get tired towards the end. It was awesome! This was my first race though so maybe all half marathons are this fun??
  • Not suite about the half but the full is definitely busier than other fulls I have ran in the past. A lot of action on the course compared to other reacts for sure.