Springs Area looking for walking>>running partner/group

Options
suzbaru
suzbaru Posts: 37 Member
Hi, my name is Suz.
Married
Looking to lose 58lbs and possibly more

I do not currently belong to any gyms, when I do join one, it will most likely be Villa Sport as I love to swim and it's close by.

I would like to be able to work towards doing the incline and running some 5k's probably in the spring time. I could do the incline now but it would take way to long and I don't think it would be too safe.

So, I'm looking for someone who can walk with some 1-3 min runs in between. I'm out of shape but I still can manage to do this. I have a malamute who I would like to bring on some runs occasionally as he needs some weight taken off also. :-)

I'm self-employed so I can exercise at any time that is convenient for you.

I'm pretty self motivating and I don't mind listening to music or books on tape but sometimes it's nice to be accountable to someone else to push through the last min. of running.

Also, I am a firm believer in anyone can walk in nice weather. I don't mind working out in rain or snow, so don't expect me to call and cancel because, Aaaaaahhh 5 waterdrops fell.

I would also like to start a PX90 type of program about about 20lbs lost. I've done kick boxing boot camps which are fun, just looking for something else.

Replies

• TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for some running/walking groups, the Jack Quinn's 5k is a great event to participate in. They run every Tuesday night (though I'm not sure about the extreme winter weather days).

Here's a link with more info: http://jackquinnsrunners.ning.com/page/about

Good luck!
  • bcc112986
    bcc112986 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Brittany. I'm up for walking, running and hiking. Also you could join at the gym. Message me if you still looking for partners.
  • suzbaru
    suzbaru Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Personal update and still looking for someone to walk/jog/hike with.

I'm on week 3 of my kickboxing class, which I'm glad I've signed up for (again).

I now have so much more energy that I have also started the couch to 5k fitness program, Week 1 - Day 2.

My goal is JQ running club, just want to work my way towards it.

After my 3 month class is up, if I do not win one of the gym memberships, I'll probably switch to Villa Sports at that time. If anyone is a member at this gym maybe we could meet up then.

Also, I'm planning on doing the incline for the first time in about 3 weeks, for my 35th B-day! As long as the snow has melted... Although in the 8 years that I've lived here, only 2 times has it not snowed on my birthday, so we'll see. :)

Have a great rest of the week everyone.
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    Personal update and still looking for someone to walk/jog/hike with.

I'm on week 3 of my kickboxing class, which I'm glad I've signed up for (again).

I now have so much more energy that I have also started the couch to 5k fitness program, Week 1 - Day 2.

My goal is JQ running club, just want to work my way towards it.

After my 3 month class is up, if I do not win one of the gym memberships, I'll probably switch to Villa Sports at that time. If anyone is a member at this gym maybe we could meet up then.

Also, I'm planning on doing the incline for the first time in about 3 weeks, for my 35th B-day! As long as the snow has melted... Although in the 8 years that I've lived here, only 2 times has it not snowed on my birthday, so we'll see. :)

Have a great rest of the week everyone.

I suggest walking/running the JQ 5k to gauge your progress when you do feel you are ready :)

Congrats on the upcoming birthday and Incline conquest. You'll do great!

P.S. Bring water!