Doing Insanity, join me!

Options
moran1917
moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
Hello all, I have just completed my fitness test and am on the road to insanity :tongue: I was thinking that if any of you are doing insanity right now or starting or starting soon that we could be of support to each other and talk through how we are feeling, what we are successful with, and what challenges us.

I feel good about my very first fitness test results. I was about where the people in the video were when they started, and in two cases I beat the peoples starting numbers. :drinker:

Starting weight 180lbs
Height 5'7"

Replies

• pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I love Insanity. I started about 2 weeks ago, but haven't been able to keep up with 6 days a week. While I enjoy the workout for the rest of my body, I'm finding it to be really tough on my knees with all the jumping, so I've been doing a few days on and a few days off just to give them more of a rest.
  • moran1917
    Options
    Hi PA,

I have heard that insanity can be killer on your knees. I love jump training and plyo and have done a lot of it so I am hoping to be okay. But if I need to take a few extra days off a week to deal then that is what I will do. I just was doing p90x and Tony's motto is do your best and forget the rest. I really took it to heart. So I go at my pace and just compete with myself to get better each week.

Which of the first workouts was your fav? Have you tried the abs one yet- if yes how is it?

Keep me up to date on how your doing!!!
  • haromelissa
    haromelissa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started on 10/01/2012 too!!! Good luck we are gonna need it!
  • moran1917
    Options
    Okay workout 1- Plyometric cardio circuit. Ummmmm Shaun....could you slow down just a smidge so that I can figure out the steps????? That up down back 4 push ups run repeat- how are they doing it that fast? I had to pause three times to catch my breath even though it was not a water break. It sure was fun though!!!!! Much faster paced than p90x and I, being a cardio junkie, loved every second of burning lungs!

Can't wait for tomorrow- if I can walk that is!

Edit to add that the burn rate for insanity was the same as when I run...there has been no dvd till this one that could catch my running calorie burn rate- so two thumbs up for that!
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 4th week of Insanity and it's INSANE!!!! you melt!
    All programs are amazing... Pure Cardio+cardio abs 's a killer. Different ways to do abs (not like Ab Ripper X..Did p90x too before)
    It's different style of abs (no crunch,sit ups etc) it's a nice one...

Cardio Recovery is less hard on the cardio but it's a leg killer.....OMG BURNS!!!!

Anyway, Keep it up and enjoy :)

Feel free to Add me anything :)
  • ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    Feel free to ad me if you wish. I'm on week 2, day 10.

starting weight: 190
    Height 5'8

This is me return to fitness after having 2 babies within 19 months. i would only rate my fitness level as fair, but I'm moving along to the best of my abilities. I have to modify some exercises (I'm looking at you push-up) but I push through.
  • felicia8604
    felicia8604 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My husband and I both started 10/1! Oh and my mom and stepdad started 1 day after us. We are sharing the Dvds. Although im not sure how we are gonna do the recovery week with just 1 dvd. Hmm. Who knows anyways good luck ladies and gents!
  • kdank
    kdank Posts: 29
    Options
    Im in, im a newbie to this wesite/App. I do like the support and the everything on it so far. I will be starting today. Feel free to add me or whatever you need to. I am definatly in though.
  • moran1917
    Options
    Hey there Canadian- it's great to find a fellow canuck to workout with! I hear ya on those push-ups. I want to do them all on my feet, but then I find myself on my knees struggling to finish the set hahahahaha. I bet by the end of the program we are push-up machines!!!! Friend request coming!

Welcome Felicia! It is simply great that your family is working out together. My husband sits at the computer and goes on about how crazy I am.....there could be some truth to that! Friend request coming with a tip on how to download a second set of videos.

Dank you rock! This site is great for support and motivation. Keeps a person on track. Keep us posted on your progress! (we're already friends so no need to request lol)
  • moran1917
    Options
    Wowzers....just finished Cardio Power and Resistance. I actually had to take a break before the first water break- how embarassing!!!! This one I actually had a better time keeping up with and following the movements. I do struggle with the transistions between exercises sometimes. The people in the dvd do it seemlessly and I am still standing there figuring out what they did. I think that after I have done the video once or twice it will come easier.

Is it just me or do your legs become much much heavier as these insanity workouts go on?!!!
  • ThisCanadian
    Options
    I agree with the leg thing, I thought it was just me. Lol.
  • Nikcalories
    Nikcalories Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've been doing the videos off and on for about a year but never quite did the whole 60 days like they recommend. I'm looking to do this and lose those last ten pounds and get into great shape, especially since the holidays are just around the corner. :)

I'm getting over a cold and still managed to do Plyo. Tomorrow will be Day 3. I love the workouts and I think Shaun T even got me to sweat out my cold. I feel great tonight.
  • annabella5188
    annabella5188 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done with my 3rd week of Insanity. I just keep pushing play. No weight has come off, in fact I've went up a few pounds (6)... I quit smoking at the same time I started Insanity so I still have to take breather breaks, but its better and better every day. I can make it through most of the videos now. My favorite so far is Pure Cardio. That was yesterday with the abs (UGH)... I LOVE the sweat that pours off me when I do the pure.

Tracking food now thinking that may be my issue with weight loss. We'll see I guess.
  • moran1917
    Options
    Today had to be my day off. Was out of town for work and put in a 14 hour day- even cardio recovery sounds like too much.

Welcome to the group Anna and Nik- I love that you keep pushing play Anna- did you know that when most people start a new workout program they gain 2-3 lbs before they see any loss? Chalean wrote a great article on the science of it. Obviously paying attention to diet it important too, but that may explain some of the weight gain. Great dedication Nik to workout thru a cold- You've got it this time.

Dig Deep Everyone!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I've had to take a break this week because of an injury (not related to Insanity). Hope to get back to it in another few days. Keep up the good work everyone!
  • Nikcalories
    Nikcalories Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I didn't do the Insanity work out today, a friend of mine dragged me to a class so I went to support her. It wasn't as intense as insanity, but I did do over 300 reps of lunges, crunches and other stuff. I still love insanity more and will definitely press play tomorrow. Although I must admit my thighs feel like jell-o tonight. Hope I can walk tomorrow. :)

I'm also watching my calories and will be working on cutting down my sugar intake. I only have 10 pounds to go, which may not sound like a lot, but I have not been able to break through so I believe if I cut down on my sugar intake, I'll really start to see results.

Good night everyone!
  • kdank
    kdank Posts: 29
    Options
    Day 4 and im hurting in places i forgot i had...but DAMN if feel good.
  • ThisCanadian
    Options
    Day 12 for me. I will be doing Cardio Power & Resistance as soon as the little ones go down for a nap.
  • ThisCanadian
    Options
    Day 4 and im hurting in places i forgot i had...but DAMN if feel good.

I remember I was a whole bag of soreness on day 3. It started to get better for me on day 4 but certain muscles are still achy after workouts, especially pylo cardio. I guess my old methods of exercise weren't as effective as I stopped feeling sore a couple days into the routine.
  • VickiW90
    Options
    I'm on day 5 and will be doing my first Pure Cardio after work - excited and nervous about it after reading the reviews!!
    Was so sore the first few days but the Cardio Recovery dvd yesterday has made me feel new again!