March 2013 Babies

Options
beezbee
beezbee Posts: 87 Member
If there already is a group for March 2013 due dates, I couldn't find it. Would love to connect with other mamas who are due around the same time as me! I just posted my introduction, but here's a summary: It looks like we're having a boy in March, this will be baby number 2 for us (number 1 is an independent first grader). I had a great fitness/healthy eating routine before getting pregnant, and am now determined to get back on track after a couple months of transgressions. Cheers!

Replies

• Rosered3333
    Rosered3333 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I was going to start this group if no one else would! I'm due in March and we haven't found out yet what we're having. This is my first and I'm trying to enjoy the quiet time while I can.

My fitness regime has been rather lame lately because of the fatigue and I've been getting some awful sinus headaches that I finally learned how to treat. My eating has been okay, but not great.

Would love to hear about your challenges and would need some motivation to keep me exercising. Congratulations!
  • Mrshotwing
    Mrshotwing Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    We are due march 13th 2013! cant wait to meet our newset addition. We will find out what we are having if baby cooperates on October 23rd.

Fitness is well the least of my concerns at the moment. :) I was VERY VERY sick the first 14 weeks. it is getting better, but my bed time is the same time as our 9 yr olds. HAHA 8pm.
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I was looking, and was going to start one too if I hadn't seen one by now!!

Thanks for starting this up, Beezbee! :) Is your first a boy or a girl?

Rose, what did you end up figuring out for your sinus headaches?

MrsH - I'm STILL feeling sick, and hoping it will go away soon and not hang on the whooooole pregnancy.... in the meantime, you're brilliant, going to bed early!!

We're due March 22nd with our 4th, and will be waiting til the delivery room again to find out if it's a boy or a girl. :smile: Best surprise ever!! I was on modified bed rest until just recently, so now I'm building up my strength and stamina again - amazed, horrified, and frustrated at just how tired I get doing "normal" things, but glad our little one's doing better and problems are resolving, it's worth all the challenges on the other end for sure!!
  • jaygirl3
    jaygirl3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    yayyy!!!! I am due March 30th, i just pray it doesnt exceed that lol. happy to connect with fellow march mommiess.
  • iluvhorses1983
    iluvhorses1983 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I was also waiting for someone to start this group! =) I am due March 15th. I will find out in 2 days (Friday) if it will be a boy/girl. I am so not going to be able to sleep Thursday night (this is our first)!

I was walking 2-3 times a week, but have been too tired lately (used yard work and cleaning as my exercise). I think I just need to start again and get back into the routine (although its hard living in FL walking in such humidity!). =)
  • beezbee
    Options
    I was looking, and was going to start one too if I hadn't seen one by now!!

Thanks for starting this up, Beezbee! :) Is your first a boy or a girl?

Rose, what did you end up figuring out for your sinus headaches?

MrsH - I'm STILL feeling sick, and hoping it will go away soon and not hang on the whooooole pregnancy.... in the meantime, you're brilliant, going to bed early!!

We're due March 22nd with our 4th, and will be waiting til the delivery room again to find out if it's a boy or a girl. :smile: Best surprise ever!! I was on modified bed rest until just recently, so now I'm building up my strength and stamina again - amazed, horrified, and frustrated at just how tired I get doing "normal" things, but glad our little one's doing better and problems are resolving, it's worth all the challenges on the other end for sure!!

Our first is a girl; she is sooo excited about the pregnancy, she actually stops people on the street to tell them she's having a baby.
  • beezbee
    Options
    I'm so glad for your replies! Like others here, I felt super queasy during the first trimester, but at almost 18 weeks (I'm due March 8) I'm doing great. It was like the energy came back overnight. However, I need to rest a lot and I'm trying to get used to the fact that I'm not the efficient multi-tasker from before. Anyone else suffering from pregnancy amnesia? It's actually pretty funny sometimes. Oh and I'm so off balance it's ridiculous.
  • Mrshotwing
    Options
    I am way off balance. :( I do need lots of rest, thats why i go to bed at 8pm.
  • Rosered3333
    Options
    I finally figured out a doctor approved drug cocktail of sudafed, tylenol, and a coke. I hate having to take medicine but it was interfering with work to the point that I had to take a day off after a migraine.

We're able to find out the sex on the 17th and I'm still on the fence about whether I want to know or not. I kind of like the mystery of not knowing but I might totally change my mind when we get there.

My baby brain is pretty bad: I keep second guessing myself and I've given my co-workers permission to second guess and remind me of things when I seem like I'm forgetting. I'm so glad that it's a REAL thing and that I'm not just lazy and/or crazy.
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Jay: Not wanting an April baby? Our daughter's birthday is April 2nd (not a fool! LOL) and she's hoping she doesn't have to share the day, but is very excited about a new little sibling. And I'm with you, so nice to have other March Mommies here! :drinker:

Iluvhorses: Congrats on your first, and good luck on Friday! Can't wait to hear what you're having! :drinker: Humidity is the worst, glad you figured out some things to help you sleep. Heaven knows we need it :happy:

Beez: Woohoo, so one of each! Bet that's absolutely adorable to watch your daughter soooo excited! And yes... I've been suffering with pregnancy amnesia (or maybe I should say everyone else around me suffers from my pregnancy amnesia? LOL) Got our son all buckled in the car for school this morning, started it up.... realized I forgot my cell phone on the ironing board UPSTAIRS.... unbuckled him, brought him in with me to get it.... rinse and repeat.... :blushing: Thank goodness he wasn't late for school! :laugh: We'll get through this!!

Rose: So glad that's helping! Keep us posted on what you decide about the 17th - it's such a big decision!! Love the co-workers "permission" thing, I was cracking up when I read that... I'd have to do the same if I were working! :tongue:
  • abcmiah
    abcmiah Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Oooh, I have been waiting for a March thread. Congrats March mommies. I am due March 4th with my 1st. I have 2 weeks until my appointment to find out boy or girl. I can't wait to find out.
    My nausea eased up about the end of my 1st trimester and I had been back at the gym a couple of weeks when I got this awful head cold! It is starting to ease up now, so hopefully I will be back on the elliptical and modified Zumba classes next week.
    Please feel free to add me as a friend! :)
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Yay! Yummy March Mummies!

I'm due with no. 3 on the 5th of March. I have just got myself back to regular walking, after being told no exercise for the first trimester due to bleeding :-( All seems good now, feeling more alive, yes my brain is not functioning well AT ALL. The other night we were playing games as a familiy, and my husband turns to me (quite cross) "Do you seriously not know when your turn is!" ... I kept geting it wrong .... eeeeek! When I was pregnant with my first he asked the midwife if my brain would return to normal!! LOL! He asked it as if I wasn't there too ... not convinced it has gone completely back to normal, but difficult to tell what causes what as the senility starts to show!

We have anatomy scan on the 17th Oct ATM, but that keeps changing as my lovely husband is so busy with work. My kids so want to know if baby is a boy or a girl. My son was in absolute disbelief that anyone would not want to know if they could!!! I'd be more than happy with a surprise, especially as we already have one of each!

Lovely to have a march mummies group set up!
  • iluvhorses1983
    Options
    I had my anatomy scan on Friday and within 2 seconds we knew we are expecting a BOY! Yea! =)
  • lourdes1201
    lourdes1201 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    We are due March 3rd :smile:

This is our first baby - I am so excited to have found this group. I also have slacked off on exercising, but have been trying to get back in the swing of things. My husband and I are waiting till delivery to find out the sex - We really want to be surprised.

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy pregnancy!
  • Rosered3333
    Options
    We are due March 3rd :smile:

This is our first baby - I am so excited to have found this group. I also have slacked off on exercising, but have been trying to get back in the swing of things. My husband and I are waiting till delivery to find out the sex - We really want to be surprised.

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Congratulations! I was thinking that we might want to wait to find out the sex as well but it's going to be a decision I make on the day I think.

Is anyone stil really tired? I have been fatigued all week and the baby books keep telling me I'm supposed to have all this energy and stamina but I think they're lying to me. I have had a little more stress than usual but I am just EXHAUSTED. And starving. Anyone else?
  • iluvhorses1983
    Options
    Rosered3333
    I have still not had much energy either. I will have one day a week of energy then need to recover the other 6! My appetite has also increased so much that I decided to increase my calories since I kept going over! =)
  • Mrshotwing
    Options
    yeah, i will have energy one day and be so exhausted the next 6 too! Hunger comes and goes, just depends on what i am doing and what i have eaten so far for the day.

Dont you hate it when someone says "well i thought it gets better in the 2nd trimester" I respond with : well, its not as bad as the first, but i still have a achy back, nausea sometimes, exhausted etc. I think some people just dont understand, or they had simple easy pregnancies...
  • Rosered3333
    Options
    Just thought I'd check in and see how you ladies are doing. I've actually been able to exercise 3 times a week for the past few weeks! And I've been taking walks and working in the baby's room, which I'm totally counting as exercise as well.

It's been weird to shift my mindset from working out to burn calories to working out to relieve the stress on my joints and muscles. I do feel better after working out. I'm not as achy and stiff. I just feel weird not working out to that higher level and only sweating a little bit. I miss the exhausting workout I must admit.

Anyway, how is everyone else doing?
  • Mrshotwing
    Options
    I wish i could decorate the babys room. We are in the process of building a new home that will be completed the SAME time baby will be born! Talk about stress! i am always wondering if it will be done before or after baby arrives.

We find out what we are having next tuesday, so we are all super excited. Hubby and I dont care if its a boy or a girl and naturally our daughter wants a girl and our son wants a boy. lol. :) I have a feeling it will be a boy, but i could be wrong. We will find out soon enough.

so two milestones down at once next week, HALF WAY POINT- BABYS GENDER. :)
  • rabbit__food
    rabbit__food Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm due March 14th with my first. Hubby & I will find out next Thursday if it's a boy or girl! We are super excited. I will update you all then :) Feel free to add me!