Just wondering

if anyone on here with severe adrenal fatigue has had success losing weight? I've been feeling sooo crummy for months, I seem to be just fighting a losing battle :( Been working with a good naturopath and slowly making progress in finding things that make a difference. The biggest problem right now is that I can't do everything, like strict bedtime(because my kids are still awake at the time I'm supposed to go to sleep or my hubby who I haven't seen much in days is home etc), that helps me and I'm just feeling a bit hopeless today.

Replies

• soaring_chicken
    soaring_chicken Posts: 5 Member
    I've had some success. Last January my husband and I made some big changes to the way we eat. Salads are the mainstay of our dinners--big salads! I cut out as many refined carbs as possible (although I get major sugar cravings and that's still one I need to beat). I eat only a little meat. I think it actually has a positive effect on how I feel if I stay true to a healthy, clean diet. When I "fall off the wagon" my fatigue and health suffer. Thankfully, I have found an adrenal support supplement that has helped me a great deal and that's helped me get the energy to exercise regularly, but I wouldn't say that weight loss is a big plus of this. The supplement is an anti-diuretic and so fluid retention is a bit of a side-effect. I can live with that though. Adrenal fatigue sucks! I've found that I've really had to change my attitude towards life. Take things as they come, focus on my health and what I need, and reduce the expectations I place on myself. In other words, I've really been trying to simplify my life and focus only on what is important: family, health, ... Hang in there!
  • yellowrose21
    yellowrose21 Posts: 12 Member
    Thank you :) It's really tough to keep my expectations where they need to be. On the one hand I've got it down, I know I need to rest and can't expect to keep the house as clean as I'd like (with three boys rampaging through it ;) ) and I often don't have the energy to go out and do things I'd like to do. On the other hand I get in a really tough place where I'm so upset that I'm not the mom I want to be. I do find that eating super healthy makes a difference. Sometimes I do feel I even have the energy to do the appropriate meal planning. We eat a lot of beans and rice, and soup. I usually keep lots of fresh veggies on hand as well. I often feel hungry when I can't possibly be or crave food like crazy. My dr thinks it's my body's cry for energy. I need to get in a place emotionally where I can handle the cravings without giving in.