Good advice to hear: The Rule of Threes

Options
christine24t
christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
I'm reading this interesting book about sociopaths, and it brings up a good point. We see hear a lot about dating mistakes and blunders and interesting dilemmas, and we wonder what to think about it all.

Here is the good advice.

"When considering a new relationship of any kind, practice the Rule of Threes regarding the claims and promises a person makes, and the responsibilities he or she has. Make the Rule of Threes your personal policy.

One lie, one broken promise or a single neglected responsibility may be a misunderstanding instead. Two may involve a serious mistake. But three lies says you're dealing with a liar."

Just a piece of advice when you are out there dating.

Replies

• pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I like it in general. Broken promises and shirked responsibilities are things I can forgive a few times.

I don't deal with liars at all, though. One and done!
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Can you post the title of the book? I'd love to read it.. I have recent dating experience that would relate. :wink:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Honesty means more to me than anything. I will blindly trust until given a reason to not, once that's broken it won't work out.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Not sure I would get to a third lie either, but I've tolerated some nonsense in my life, so never say never!! :huh:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Can you post the title of the book? I'd love to read it.. I have recent dating experience that would relate. :wink:

It's called The Sociopath Next Door. Call me morbid but I love reading about this stuff
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

It's called The Sociopath Next Door. Call me morbid but I love reading about this stuff

I love stuff like that too, it sounds uber interesting.