Proform Lap Holder - I multi-task email and elliptical

I actually expensed a Laptop holder created by Pro-Form through my company that enables me to be able to multi-task checking email (as it is created to go over fitness machines and my elliptical. Granted, it is not a hard core work-out and a lot of stops to respond to intense emails or handle work, but I figure anything is better then sitting and I find before I know it, I have burned multiple hundreds of calories. First day, I looked down and burned 1000 calories and never really felt anything and stress from emails-work stuff is WAY down. I am working on improving more focused intense work-outs in the evenings, but this has been effective.

I also work at home with nanny caring for my 4 year old twin boys, so I "play" with them by pick them up in correct "squat form" and keep throwing them on my bed. They are laughing and having a great time and mommy is secretly taking care of me. My boys say often, "mommy, you are getting smaller! You were once here, holding arms out wide and now, you are here, a little more narrow." It swells my mommy heart to know I am making a difference for them and me!!!

Anyone else have a work out at home story or struggles?

Replies

• I work from home at the computer, I don't have any home exercise equipment (for various reasons) so I need to schedule in my exercise times.

Last term (Australian schools have 4 terms in a year) I got into a great routine of arriving early at my sons school, parking the car then going for a walk around the block, timed to arrive at his playground just before the bell.
    With the summer just around the corner I know afternoon walks will be out of the question most days. So instead I'll have to do my walk when I drop him off at school in the mornings.

This is fine when he's at school, but when the holidays start my whole routine just flies out the window. He's on school holidays right now and I've done zero exercise, even though I've got a set of stretches that I'm supposed to do every day.

I'm my own worst enemy.