I Don't Drink Coffee.....

Options
Everytime, which isn't at all often by the way, I get asked out it's to go for coffee.... and I don't drink coffee. I generally will offer alternatives, but nothing comes of it. Ugh.

Replies

• SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Because every coffee house in the world only offers coffee to drink and not a single other beverage...

Haha sorry for the sarcasm it's good-natured

But seriously this is just a way to get to know someone in a non-pressure situation. Alcohol tends to bad place so coffee makes more sense. It's cheap. Dinner seems little bit much for a first date when you're getting to casually know someone.

It's not about the coffee it's about the small talk and seeing if your compatible. So why would you turn it down? Order a Tea get a water or a juice or a smoothie or something there are very few coffee places (if any) that don't offer options for non-coffee drinkers...
  • rmkramer003
    rmkramer003 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I agree, I don't drink coffee either. Actually, I only really drink milk and water since everything else upsets my stomach. But the point is the "going out for coffee" is just a casual way to sit and talk. Get something else and don't feel self-conscious about not liking coffee.
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    That falls into the category of offering "other alternatives". I say something to the effect of that no I don't like/drink coffee, but that that doesn't mean I can't have something else.
    The reaction is always the same. It's like not liking coffee is some kind of horrendous thing.
  • kathim429
    kathim429 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I don't like coffee either, I just never mention it until I am already there. Then I just order something else. I love the smell though (that usually wins me a few points, lol)
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only person in the world who doesn't like coffee!! I do like the smell, though...I would do tea...but I am newly single and haven't been asked out yet!! lol