low calorie alcohol ideas please!

Options
Hi Guys,

I have been trying to make healthier food choices, which has been going quite well. I have cut down on my crisps, chocolate and doughnuts but one thing i dont seem to be able to cut down is my weekend wine consumption! After a hard week at work i feel i have earned this weekend treat but obviously the cals add up so i was wondering if any of you have any lower calorie alcoholic drink options i could try!

Thanks
x

Replies

• Perixi
    Perixi Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Vodka and diet coke or soda?

I tend to stick to wine which is better than the beer/cider i used to drink!
  • feepug
    feepug Posts: 31
    Options
    Cheers for the suggestion chicky but unfortunately i can't stand vodka lol!

I also love cider sooo much, but i can't have just 1 so i don't let myself have it anymore : (
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Any spirit and diet mixer, Dark spirits are slightly more calorific (around 70-80kcal) whilst white spirits are slightly less (50-60)

A G&T is typically about 60 kcals.

Alternatively wine, the drier the better A large dry white is about 160kcals.

Beers, Ciders are carby calorie dense drinks, drink in moderation, drink anything in moderation, or just go run it off in the morning
  • Fatguy2Fitguy
    Fatguy2Fitguy Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Don't know any 'Light' ciders, but there are now some 'Light' beers in the UK market. Regular Coors is 220cals a pint the light version is 170cals Rarely seen in pubs though. Corona lager is a choice a lot of athletes go for though as it's one of the lower beers available when out and about, but that could be as its a bottle rather than a pint.

Then person who invents healthy beer will make a fortune!

I tend to have one (large) glass of red on a sunday with my cheat meal (Losing weight's one thing, but give up my Sunday roast... not if i can help it.

I dont really drink spirits, but my nutrition book has Brandy, Rum, Gin, Whisky, Vodka & Tequila at 65 cals per shot. Stay away from the fortified stuff, Drambuie, Cointreau as they come in at 190 a shot.
  • srawson82
    Options
    There are some light wines on the market I have tried a few and they seem ok I Just can't remember the name at this moment but I am going to my partners later so will have a look when I get there.
  • feepug
    feepug Posts: 31
    Options
    Taa very much for all the suggestions, i might try and switch up my wine for a g & t or a whiskey and diet ginger ale.

Have a good weekend everyone!
  • trinaballerina75
    trinaballerina75 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    A bottle of Bud 66 is only 84 calories and a very nice 84 calories it is too!!

I love my lager and cider but I am trying my best to cut right back on it , something I thought I could never do.
    But if a body is busy burning alcohol it can't give it's full attention to burning fat
  • Pickyfingers
    Options
    I love wine and this is my downfall. Wine and soda with ice is a really nice drink. A large glass of wine on its own is around 250 cals or more, if you half this and have it with soda you could have a couple of these.

Also Aldi's alternative to Pimms is called Austins and this is nice with diet lemonade and ice too.

I have stopped the wine during the week, but do enjoy a couple of glasses of something at the weekend.
  • mag104
    mag104 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Malibu and diet coke is about 58 calories x