I'm feeling brave

Options
castadiva
castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
Or desperate. One of the two.

I'm going to sign up on Match.com and give the whole internet thing a try again. Is castadiva an OK screen name, or do I need to come up with something totally different?

Also, would any of you be willing to have a look at the profile once it's done, and give me your suggestions for, shall we say, improving uptake?

Replies

• La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Come up with a different username because if they were to search castadiva, your responses from here will pop up.

I had to change my username on a dating site due to this.

I'm no longer on Match so not sure if I can look at it or not.

Keep everything positive. From my experience and online dates, guys don't want to read a chicks description of what she hates, doesn't want, dislikes, etc.
    For example, I don't want a FWB or a hook up but that's for me to weed out. I wouldn't put on my profile "don't contact me for a hookup or FWB. I'm not that kind of girl!!!"
    Though it's true, I sound defensive. I rather weed out the guys on my own.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I would say change it because of the diva part. Diva is a turn off to most guys.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Good thinking - the 'Diva' actually refers both to my profession and to a particular aria - 'Casta Diva', but as a first-impression thing, it could be a problem, and yes - very good point about googling. And the positives. Thank you!
  • craigers13
    craigers13 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I agree with not using "diva" as part of your screen name even if it holds a certain meaning it can certainly come across the wrong way. If you still want feedback after you've posted it I will definitely have a look for ya :)
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    If I can view it without getting a match profile I will totally give feedback :)
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Bravo!! I will always give constructive criticism if asked.

And good luck Kirstin!!! :bigsmile: I think appealing to the masses and leaving your options open is the way to go :flowerforyou:
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Wow that's great news! I'll review your profile :smile: Also happy to PM swap you online dating advice/stories/rants if you like :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • lorro
    Options

And good luck Kirstin!!! :bigsmile: I think appealing to the masses and leaving your options open is the way to go :flowerforyou:

You see it's the masses thing that put me off match. There was waaaay too much contact for me. But then I'm ambivalent about dating at the best of times - never mind online...
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

You see it's the masses thing that put me off match. There was waaaay too much contact for me. But then I'm ambivalent about dating at the best of times - never mind online...

I know what you mean, but I think saying the wrong thing can deter the right person. If that makes sense?? So, as Diana says, keep it light and positive to gauge response and then select accordingly?
  • lorro
    Options

I know what you mean, but I think saying the wrong thing can deter the right person. If that makes sense?? So, as Diana says, keep it light and positive to gauge response and then select accordingly?

Makes sense but after lots of non matches I went the other way and got lower volume but better matched results. Eg. I used a cheesy username to sift out the cynics. I think we need to have this discussion over drinks. Kirstin are you up for a meet up and profile writing night out in Notts? :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

Makes sense but after lots of non matches I went the other way and got lower volume but better matched results. Eg. I used a cheesy username to sift out the cynics. I think we need to have this discussion over drinks. Kirstin are you up for a meet up and profile writing night out in Notts? :drinker: :bigsmile:

Yeah, lets do Kirstin's head in coming from different angles......:laugh:
  • lorro
    Options

Stop making me laugh, my throat hurts too much. Caught man flu :noway:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

Stop making me laugh, my throat hurts too much. Caught man flu :noway:

Awwww honey :flowerforyou: GO TO BED!! You nutter!! You were falling asleep half hour ago, stop fighting it!! :laugh:
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    I wanna meet up for drinks with you ladies! 8<
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

Wouldnt that just be awesome!! I dont think we'd stop talking for days.......................:laugh:
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I echo the sentiments expressed above- keep it short, sweet, positive, fun. Also, even though castadiva is so perfect for you given your profession, I totally understand why (and agree) others have told you to come up with something else.

I also recommend not getting too serious (ie looking for LTR or marriage) even if that's your ultimate goal.

And don't sell yourself short on body type (don't list yourself as bigger than you are compared to others because you'll cut out quite a bit of the pool with every step up in size you go) ;-)
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

Wouldnt that just be awesome!! I dont think we'd stop talking for days.......................:laugh:

Do women ever? unsure.gif

hide.gif
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

hide.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: LOVE that icon under the chair, made me LOL!!! :laugh:

You cheeky monkey Carl !! :wink:
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

hide.gif

Oh man, I am a chatterbox when I am drunk. Otherwise not so much.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

hide.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: LOVE that icon under the chair, made me LOL!!! :laugh:

You cheeky monkey Carl !! :wink:

I have been called a lot of things in life but that one is new. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: