App for tracking walking/running/biking, etc.

It looks like a lot of us log walking under our excercises (as we should be!!). I'm not sure if any of you use it, but the MapMyFitness app uses GPS tracking to log your route, distance, speed, and calories burned. I park 1.5 miles from my building, and out of curiousity, I used it a couple times recently to get a good idea of how far I walk every day. I was surprised to find out that I was walking further than I thought, and my average pace was much faster than what I was logging here. It's good information to know, especially when it affects how much you get to eat.

Replies

• cnf2013
    cnf2013 Posts: 14 Member
    I had no idea it did that! That's really good to know. I usually use mapmyrun.com to track out my routes after if I'm curious, or before if I'm aiming for a certain distance. They also have the option of changing it to walking or biking and also have an app that tracks using GPS.
  • I think mapmyrun is made by the same company. I use the mapmyride app when I bike, and I realized a few weeks ago that you can change your workout type to all sorts of different things, like hiking and walking. Now I track everything because I'm curious to see how much walking and stuff I actually do in a day.
  • I've been using the nike+ ( i have the little shoe insert thing) I'll have to try this one :)