Thanks for joining

Options
Glad to see we already reached our 5 person challenge group in less than a day! I am excited to help all of you get healthy and reach your fitness goals. I was thinking we would start in around a week or 2 so that everyone can buy their challenge packs and make sure we all have them before we start. If everyone could introduce themselves to the group with a post and what your goals are for this 60 days. Also you can go to my page www.beachbodycoach.com/jlong2184 or my facebook page www.facebook.com/coachjustinlong and you can order your challenge pack and send me a message or call me so we can get everyone set up. I hope you are all as excited as I am to start this challenge!

Replies

• jentels
    jentels Posts: 11
    Options
    Hey my name is Jenny,

I receieved my Insantiy pack about 2 weeks ago and was about to start so its great to have found this chanllenge group. I decided to do Insanity simply because I am insane....no my goal is to tighten up that bulge thats appearing around my waist line and to get back into shape. I'm really looking forward to starting now!!!
  • jlong2184
    Options
    Glad you found us too Jenny! We are just starting the group and still need to get everyone purchasing their challenge packs through my website so if you would like to wait and start with us that would be great. I have done Insanity myself and loved it so I am excited to be sharing it with all of you this time around. Can I ask if you got just the Insanity pack or are you also doing Shakeology because we will be drinking Shakeology as a part of the challenge packs?
  • BakedGoodsLover
    BakedGoodsLover Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

I'm new to MFP and would love to join in on the insanity challenge! I've been on/off with Insanity for a month and it's time to hit this thing hard! I have16ish lbs to go to achieve my pre-pregnancy weight and and I would love to lose 25 lbs to achieve my ideal body! I believe muscle confusion and interval training is the way to go!

So I still can't do all the workouts in insanity...will it take me longer to see results? Level 2 drills...JUST started being able to do a real push-up. Tricep dips... ouch. Cardio recovery...I can't hold the squat for even half that time. I still have a long, long way to go to be able to even keep up with Shawn T at my own pace...let alone at his pace! Any advice?
  • BakedGoodsLover
    Options
    Oh introduction...hi, my name is Almera. I have all the videos from a friend. I was planning on starting this weekend if that is okay? :smile:
  • jlong2184
    Options
    Welcome Almera,
    It is no problem at all that you are looking to start this week but this group is going to be starting the workout in a week or 2 once everyone gets their challenge packs. I would love to still help you on your journey and reach your fitness goals. As far as not being able to do all the workouts don't worry about that, it took me a while before I was able to do everything in there. If you could go at Shaun T's pace you wouldn't need to be doing the workout. When Shaun T. says go at your own pace he means it, look at the people in the videos and you will see they take breaks also. Just do as much as you can but be sure you are pushing yourself to keep getting a little better each time you do a workout. Are you taking any of the supplements or Shakeology with Insanity?
  • jentels
    Options
    Yes I got a 30 day supply of Shakeology, but I have never tried or used meal replacement shakes before. I'm usually good with my meals and love cooking. I always always have breakfast (cant get by without my honeynut cheerios :) ) but I sometimes do miss lunch because of bad time management at work, but I always have dinner and supper. I got the shakeology as it was recommended and the price well....it was a special offer at the time so I thought I would give it a try.
  • jlong2184
    Options
    I am glad that you got it and it can really be a great thing to add to your diet. Did you get the bulk bag or the individual servings? It could be a great thing to bring to work in case you miss lunch that day because you need to make sure when working out this hard that you are getting all the nutrients your body needs. Another thing Shakeology is great for is as a post workout drink. After an intense workout your body burns through a lot and you need to replenish that within 45 minutes.
  • BakedGoodsLover
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. Nope...no shakes. Just my usual eating habits (and now calorie-counting via MFP). Do you recommend the shakes?
  • jlong2184
    Options
    The calorie counting was HUGE for me and really helped me take the next step in my weight loss so great job on starting that. I would absolutely recommend using Shakeology it can be great for breakfast or as a post workout drink which is a very important part of working out that most people skip, let me know if you have any questions. You can check out my Facebook page to get more info www.facebook.com/coachjustinlong
  • jentels
    Options
    @Jlong I got the 30 serving bag. It came with a scoop for measuring out each serving and like you said I could take it at lunch time which is when I usually miss out on a meal.
  • jlong2184
    Options
    I think keeping at at work to use as a quick meal when you don't have time would really help your results and also your overall energy during the day. You may also want to try it as a post workout drink like I mentioned. Do you plan on doing your workout in the morning or at night?
  • jentels
    Options
    @Jlong I am working split shifts till xmas 10am-2pm then 4pm-8pm so was planning to do my workout in the morniing. Does it make a difference when I workout?
  • jlong2184
    Options
    No it doesn't matter when you do them but I like to do mine in the morning
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I do mine in the morning followed by a protein almond milk shake and 4 other small meals throughout the day. Usually a hearty progresso soup for lunch. Low cal but filling. Otherwise following michis ladder.