Recomendations for a foodie

Options
scerorjr
scerorjr Posts: 7 Member
As a part of my job, I go out to eat a LOT! I think that this more than anything throws a wrench in my awesome fitness plans. What are your recomendations for restaurants around Salt Lake, and dishes at those places that won't destroy the hard work that I'm doing in the gym.

I'm looking for good quality food that I could take a client to and still eat well... thoughts?

Replies

• dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Most places have grilled chicken. If I want to be good, I usually try to find a salad with grilled chicken, and fruit, but skip the dressing. Some places you can order off menu, or have them remove ingredients that are unhealthy.

Most of the time, though, when I go out, I treat myself to what I want. If I limit myself to doing that only once a week, I'm usually okay.
  • hayleems
    hayleems Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Zupas, is yummy and awesome. They have a lot of healthy options.
  • scerorjr
    Options
    Thanks for the recomendations. I can't treat myself to what ever I want, because of what I do, I'm always eating out!
  • misstinowen
    misstinowen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well, what kind of food do you like? As a foodie myself (this is what gets me in trouble) I know a lot of the good ones.

Copper Onion is a great treat. I like JWongs or Red Maple for Chinese/Thai. Those are two of my regular haunts. I want to try the sister restaurant to Copper Onion and eat at Plum Alley, but getting my family to try somewhere new when they could just have Copper is difficult. *pout*
  • willow9
    willow9 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of good restaurants around. What area do you live in?

Lugano in Millcreek is great and client worthy. Michael Angelo's opened a new location next to the Beer Hive on Main downtown. Pipa is a wierd location on 900 West North Temple but very good small plate Asian choices. Eva, also on Main is another small plate restaurant and open late. Zy on State and Copper Onion on Broadway is great and client worthy. The Dodo has same fantastic salads.
    Good luck!
  • dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    moochies - great place for phillys.
  • scerorjr
    Options
    I live and work in Downtown SLC. The problem is Salt lake has some REALLY good options...