Hiking

Options
BIRDIEBL8
BIRDIEBL8 Posts: 155 Member
WPS Hello Arkansas Outdoors. I was wondering if anyone is getting out to hike with the season change. I live up on the hill ( NW ) and did quite a few hikes this summer trying to get in shape for the OHT. Not quite ready to tackle that one yet but always looking for somewhere new.

Replies

• wayne4825
    wayne4825 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!!!

My wife and I live in Hot Springs, AR and we hike all the time. Most of our hikes are around the 4 to 5 miles range. There is one trail here that is approx. 17 miles long that we are looking at hitting. We hiked some of it with intentions of completing the entire trail but the map and signs were completely mixed up and we just got lost. After a little more research we will be going again soon.

We have talked about going to Eureka Springs one weekend and camping and hitting some trails there. Any suggestions?
  • BIRDIEBL8
    BIRDIEBL8 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    We have so many places to hike here - I couldn't name them all but here is a few of my favorites.
    Lake Leatherwood is around 4mi, Hobbs receration has several incl: Pigon Roost Trail with 4 & 8mi loops, if I remember right there is a trail by the dam, Lake Alma is on the way there with a 4mi trail that I think links up to one of the best hiking trails in the U.S. ( my opinion) - The Ozark Highlands Trail - which is around 176mi but can be section hiked with a trailhead near Eureka Springs.
    Hope this list is useful & Happy Hiking!