Those who are further along, can you give me some advice?

Options
rubybeach
rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
I'm headed home and then to South Carolina to visit my nephew & family for Halloween.:smile: I'm going to go trick or treating with him and will of course dress up......... I'll be a little over 10 weeks. I'm assuming I'll be fine ordering a "normal" adult costume, just in a larger size??
What do you think? I know everyone is different, just curious as to your opinion.

(I'm almost 7 weeks now and havent gained weight YET, if that helps)

Replies

• Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    You may fit into your same size. I didn't started puffing out until about week 13...Even now, at 29 weeks (and plus 24 pounds), I can wear some of my (very stretchy!) pre-pregnancy clothes. Of course, if you worry, go a size up.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    My belly slowed up really quickly (within 8 weeks) so I was out of my pre-baby clothes fast.

That being said, every woman is different. Some of us have a belly that pops way out, and some don't. If you don't, then measure yourself and order based on the size chart, and you should be fine!

Enjoy!
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different...

I thought my tummy poked out a little bit when I was 10 weeks, but in retrospect, it wasn't even noticeable to anyone but myself. I'd maybe go up a size if the costume is really clingy - just for your own comfort - but you probably won't have an obvious bump or weight gain by then.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I'd say that chances are you won't need a bigger costume. I would go by your regular clothes now - are they getting snug? If so, then go a size up. If not, then don't. However, Halloween is still 3+ weeks away, but I doubt you'll have grown that much by then.

Where in SC are you going? I live in Charleston, which I love, but it also means that Halloween costumes are usually too warm!
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I didn't really have to switch clothes until around 14-15 weeks, but you could buy a size up just to be safe, because everyone is different.
  • rubybeach
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input!

RBX- my sister lives in Hilton Head, but we're headed to Savannah too, how far away is Charleston? Any tips?
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input!

RBX- my sister lives in Hilton Head, but we're headed to Savannah too, how far away is Charleston? Any tips?

Hilton Head is about 1.5 hours away from Charleston, and Savannah's about 2 hours away. I do recommend popping up here if you have time! Not that HH and Savannah aren't nice, but Charleston is its own place. For some reason people tend to lump it in with Savannah (maybe it's the overabundance of Spanish moss), but I think the two towns have a very different feel, plus the architecture styles are very different.. The shopping in HH is good, though - they have a great outlet mall!
  • rubybeach
    Options
    Fabulous! I'll definitely add it to the list, thanks :)