Saw Me In a Picture today...

Options
gayje
gayje Posts: 230 Member
And I was so totally disgusted with myself. I thought, "Ah! What the hell have I let happen to me and how did it get this far gone?" Seriously, this time last year I was 142 pounds and I am now 192. How the hell does being sick like I have been take a toll so quickly on how I look? I can't stand it and no matter what I do, no matter what I eat, I keep loosing the same 8 or 9 pounds over and over. I'm so frustrated that I don't even feel like logging my food a lot of days anymore. I know what I eat doesn't exceed my calorie goal, I've been on a logging journey since April and pretty much eat a lot of the same meals. I can't seem to find the motivation to exercise. Plain and simple. I bought 30DS but my doctor said it was too much stress on my lungs...ok. Didn't even open the dvd box. Tried walking. Had grand mall asthma attacks with my wonderful lung disease getting as much in my way as it could. What next? What can I do...We can't afford a gym membership, lifting weights is out of the question unless using my 5, 8, 10 and 20 pounds will work. I tried to get my best friend to support me in my loosing weight but...

DISCLAIMER!!!

She is a lesbian and not that that matters but she is the "butch" type and also likes her girlfriends to be on the bigger side so she is always telling me to "fatten up, you're too skinny!" I can't win. When I asked my boyfriend what he thought of how I looked now that I'm heavier he said, "you're still the same person and you give it your all so I don't really care one way or the other". Great, that was not helpful at all.

Any ideas girls?

Replies

• sareyezz23
    Options
    This is a tough thing to answer i feel like i have to because you need help, i could just say just keep going and it will all work out, but you know that wont sound very helpful. Must be hard with your lung problem to motivate you to exercise but it does seem the exercise is whats holding you back on your weight loss. Even walking up the stairs and down again can be an exercise, my sister who is on here was told by her doctor if u walk up and down the bottom step of your stairs for 20 minutes it wont strain your lungs as she has problems with her asthma and breathing if she exercises to vigorous and it seems to work for her for a while until she got used to it and got on her exercise bike. Why not try something like that? As long as your heart rate is up and your puffy but not too much , don't want you having an asthma attack. If u try 10 mins at first and see how you feel then break and do another 10, doing it everyday will help. They say 30 mins a day will keep your body healthy so maybe sets of 3? and they don't have to be at the same time at first as over doing it wont be good as you wont do it again. Your doctor was right about 30d i did it, well for a week and it puts a lot of stress on your body, i really should do it everyday but it was making my body hurt. Hope this helps a little x
  • TakinSexyBack
    TakinSexyBack Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    My story...........I have been losing the same 8 or 9 lbs over and over too!!! Since April too!!! Doing low carb has seemed to help me get rolling! I have come down about 10 more lbs since starting that seriously about a month ago. I still have my cheat days every now and again but it seems they help me get going losing again for some reason! When I was trying to eat "normal" it just wasnt working for me even tho I had cut my typical daily cal consumption probably to about a third of what it used to be!

What I am finding I have to do it stay away from white carbs and make SURE I drink my water. So much gain is actually water weight and I totally find if I do those 2 things, its when I am losing. Dont know if that will work for you or if you are interested but Atkins, or just eating lower carb in general has seemed to help me get past that same few pounds I lost and gained over and over. I am finding I need to watch sodium closer too b/c that packs on the water weight!

Im sorry you have lung disease! I am sure that makes exercising hard for you. Smaller weights would work great too! You could totally do good workouts with smaller weights! Just hang in there and don't get disgusted and give up!! Study up on the boards at what others are doing and find what your body will respond to. We are all different!! You know yourself better than anyone and you can do this!!!!
  • Caz104
    Caz104 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me yesterday. I saw the photo and wanted to burst into tears :(