Halloween costume ideas

Options
grum84
grum84 Posts: 428 Member
So I love going out for Halloween and dressing up for parties and such. Now that I am feeling even better about myself losing weight and such, I am looking for something original and memorable to be this year. So here I am, to gather some ideas. It would be a plus if it is something I can assemble from a resale type shop.

Last year I was Paul Bunyan with my axe and blue ox. Ready....Go!

Oh, and nothing that involves going shirtless or whatever, haven't lost that much and nobody wants to see me without one...yet.

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Last year I was Paul Bunyan with my axe and blue ox. Ready....Go!

That was me too!

If I think of anything, I'll let ya know!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    well since I went costume shopping yesterday.

A 70s guy
    Football player
    Beetlejuice
    Shaggy from scooby doo
    a viking
    a roman
    a knight
    a nerd

I could probably come up with more
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling with this, too! Halloween is my favorite thing ever.
    Last year at this time, I said "Next year, I'm gonna be 135 lbs and I'm gonna dress like a ****ing slut." Now I'm 130, and have no intentions of dressing as a slut...

I was thinking about Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany's, but I can't find a dress to save my life.

I found this website with a bunch of neat ideas.... Here is the link: http://www.essortment.com/halloween-costume-ideas-50-unique-weird-ideas-52253.html

These ones were my favorites:

19. Peeping Tom: Wear regular clothes and a name tag that says "Tom". Make a window frame out of cardboard, even add curtains if you are feeling real creative. When people ask what you are, hold up the "window" and peep through it.

24. Work in Progress: Wear all white clothes, a sweat suit works best. Using a black permanent marker, you should draw shapes or bodily outlines all over your suit. Color some of the pieces/shapes in. Carry paints of markers with you and tell people you are a work in progress. Color on your costume all night long. Or, for more fun, have others color on you.

Good luck!
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Thanks for some ideas. Might just go to the resale shop and see what I can piece together.
    Last year at this time, I said "Next year, I'm gonna be 135 lbs and I'm gonna dress like a ****ing slut." Now I'm 130, and have no intentions of dressing as a slut...

I thought that was pretty funny. I always thought that was what women considered Halloween, just a night to dress slutty and get away with it.
    24. Work in Progress: Wear all white clothes, a sweat suit works best. Using a black permanent marker, you should draw shapes or bodily outlines all over your suit. Color some of the pieces/shapes in. Carry paints of markers with you and tell people you are a work in progress. Color on your costume all night long. Or, for more fun, have others color on you.

I like this idea. Seems very unique and who wouldn't want to just hand out markers to have other color on you...could be fun.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of going as a Dallas Cowboy's Cheerleader.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options

Yikes!
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I thought it would be fun to get a pt temporary job at a Haloween store this year- not sure what I was thinking with a full-time job, kids, and a new relationship.... Anyway, there are all kinds of fun outfits for men. Some of my favorites: a gangster- we have a whole selection of Roaring 20's, a caveman- can be over done but still fun, a viking, and my favorite Bert or Ernie from Sesame Street.

Now for a little rant. Most of the female costumes come in small or medium with a small selection of large (10-12) and a very, very small selection of "Plus". I was excited to show off my 20 pound loss until I realized that in Halloween costume world I was still a "plus". So I guess I will wait until next year....
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I was out of the US for many years, then moved back for a while. I was quite shocked at how Halloween had turned into "slut-o-ween," with all of the women competing to out-*kitten* the others with their costumes. And I write this more or less approvingly...

:-)

So ladies, just go naked, or in a string bikini, and write "do me" in lipstick on your chest. It's where Halloween seems to be heading, anyway.

--P
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options

Yikes!

Don't be a hater.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    There was a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader costume at the Halloween party I went to last year. She wore the costume pretty well.

The Dallas pro teams are all in a not so hot spot right now.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

Yikes!

Don't be a hater.

haters14.jpg
  • krash999
    krash999 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    last year i went as a true Scotsman. my best friend made me a kilt, even though i picked tiger print material out for it. she made me a little purse type bag and all. then i went to the adult store and bought a... hmmm how to put this nicely..... male member (she made fun of me for picking a doc johnson, but it was the cheapest they had) and had her use a doll needle put some fishing line through it and hung it so that several inches of it was visible below my kilt. the looks i got were absolutely priceless..... that and getting to stick it in her face and say here, hold my d*** :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    last year i went as a true Scotsman. my best friend made me a kilt, even though i picked tiger print material out for it. she made me a little purse type bag and all. then i went to the adult store and bought a... hmmm how to put this nicely..... male member (she made fun of me for picking a doc johnson, but it was the cheapest they had) and had her use a doll needle put some fishing line through it and hung it so that several inches of it was visible below my kilt. the looks i got were absolutely priceless..... that and getting to stick it in her face and say here, hold my d*** :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I want to walk around with a *kitten* just so I can say that to people, hahahhaa
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Two years ago, I was a match.com personal ad. I got a poster board, cut out a square for my head (I held up the poster board and put myself from the chest up in the open square) and next to it was my profile. I was the Jersey Guidette, a la JWow.. it was hilarious. I'd post a photo but I took down my FB for a few weeks (needed a break).. This year, I'm thinking Catwoman.