Hello

Options
cathmcq
cathmcq Posts: 6 Member
My name is Cathy and I have been morbidly obese for about 43 of my 63 years. I have lost over100 lbs several times only to gain it all back. I have felt like a drug addict constantly craving salt, sweets and fat. In April I underwent what is called gastric bypass HYPNOSIS surgery. I had seen a segment about it on Dateline. It has changed my life. I have lost 75 lbs since April. I am very confident I won't gain it back this time because the cravings are gone...totally, completely gone. That's what always did me in before. I also just can't eat as much. However, while to me it was a miracle, it is still not magic. I still have rough days here and there. I still have to "work it". I am interested in hearing from others who have undergone any type of hypnosis for weight loss and am eager to discuss it with anyone who is contemplating it.

Replies

• basil85
    Options
    Hi Cathy - congratulations on your success so far, I have only just joined MFP - I'm only a week in, but have been a yo-yo dieter for a few years. I underwent my first hypnosis session last week to help me with my new challenge towards living a healthier lifestyle, and I am amazed at the difference it has made in such a short time frame. I'm not doing Gastric Bypass Hypnosis - more general hypnosis (if that makes sense!) but it has left me feeling very motivated.

Did you notice a difference straight away? Did you need several sessions, or just one?

A friend in Australia had Gastric Bypass Hypnosis, and she was really successful with it.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jain & I'm seeing my Dr in an hour to get the form signed which means I can go ahead with the Hypnoband. My first session with my therapist is Nov 9th and I'm really hoping it helps me get to grips with my food addiction. I've been a binge/compulsive eater all my life and feel this is my last chance.
  • klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kim and looking into hypnosis. How many sessions did you go to? How has it helped? For instance, does it help with avoiding trigger foods, or feeling full? Any info would be appreciated! Thanks.